DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help with my Mavic air 2

Actually I don't know how it works exactly, but from observing how my drone behave when it's enabled, I can say it does affect range and general stability of the video link. (this is on MM, it might behave different with eg a MA2)
Can’t really see how it can affect drones range if I’m being honest. As I said, I’m pretty sure it’s just a feature on the phone to dump some of the live feed to the phone storage.

Longer video signal range when disabled, because of more bandwidth available. Less battery used by both drone and controller. If you set RTH in case of lost signal, then it shouldn't matter much. You can always use a screen capture app on your cellphone.
Caching just stores the video that's already being displayed on your phone. There's no effect on bandwidth, the drone, or the controller.

Caching just stores the video that's already being displayed on your phone. There's no effect on bandwidth, the drone, or the controller.
Yeah. That's what I thought at first. But maybe it's just a app thing then. I might put this to the test next time i'm out flying. Might be that my phone or SD card in my phone is just very slow and therefore laggy. Could be mistaken for bad signal.

Yeah. That's what I thought at first. But maybe it's just a app thing then. I might put this to the test next time i'm out flying. Might be that my phone or SD card in my phone is just very slow and therefore laggy. Could be mistaken for bad signal.

Yes, on a slower phone (or SD card) caching can definitely cause performance issues.

Reactions: DoctorNick
In real life, I suspect these numbers were achieved by DJI in perfect flying conditions; and are highly optimistic and totally unachievable by the drone purchaser.
Of course DJI gets the max range and max flight distances from flying in optimum conditions.
But the range and distances for other DJI drones are all achievable so it's reasonable to assume that the distances from the Air 2 specs are also achievable, if you fly in still air in an interference-free environment too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green