DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help with my Mavic air 2

bristolvol

Reactions
The max distance I get is 1000 feet I have I phone x please help me get max distance I was told these could fly up to 11 miles . thank u

The max distance I get is 1000 feet I have I phone x please help me get max distance I was told these could fly up to 11 miles . thank u
Perhaps you might check your settings and see what you have the max distance set at.

Can you actually see 11 Miles???? What happened to VLOS!

So that’s very helpful now isn’t it?

Everyone has cars that will exceed the speed limit. Wanting their cars to perform as designed is, and should be, expected. The OP is no different in my opinion, but then again I’m not quick to make assumption or pass judgement on others.

Offer help instead of useless negative responses. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Is it just me, I can’t see why anyone would want to fly miles from the take-off point ?
I seems quite a lot of people complain they can only fly X amount of miles & want range extending antennas but I can’t help but wonder why.
I cant help but wonder why anyone would want to pay nearly a grand for a drone that has a 10km range, yet only fly it 500 meters.

I cant help but wonder why anyone would want to pay nearly a grand for a drone that has a 10km range, yet only fly it 500 meters.
Because of the 3-axis gimbal stabilized, 4K, flying camera attached...?

Can you see another car a mile away, how about two miles... 5...? Yeah, that's a no.

A better question would be...
Why would anyone want to drop a grand on something they risk by flying further than they can see it? I have 20/15 vision and lose sight at 500 meters, 100% of the time.

Why not just drive your car with your eyes closed... ???

• Wow
Reactions: cmurr and davemorts
It's not supposed to go "11 miles" :)
You need to give us more details before we can help, otherwise we're just sitting here guessing what your problem is.

Reactions: reaganbp
Its Normal to want to test the Limits of your new Drone, Car, Motorcycle, Boat and to do that your going to break the law.
Once done its over unless a there ever comes a real purpose for it.

Testing your Drone therefore is a Ritual and we all do it in our own way, but expecting any where close to 11 miles is not testing its you being blind to what you purchased and the Limits of what can be achieved .

One of the things I would like to see in the Future is a Certificate that the drone I purchased flew 6000 ft signed by DJI .

I know when I purchase a Walther PPQ hand gun it comes with a signed bulls eye paper showing me what this gun is capable of ,, I think this would stop many of us from having to test our drones , but its not likely to happen.

All i can say is when you Test , Minimize the Risk push to the limit you feel comfortable with and dont try to break or stretch the natural limits of the drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Coal

Because of the 3-axis gimbal stabilized, 4K, flying camera attached...?

Can you see another car a mile away, how about two miles... 5...? Yeah, that's a no.

A better question would be...
Why would anyone want to drop a grand on something they risk by flying further than they can see it? I have 20/15 vision and lose sight at 500 meters, 100% of the time.

Why not just drive your car with your eyes closed... ???
Because it's designed to fly that far.

The DJI GoFly app has a max Distance setting (and max Altitude). Have you checked what this is set at?
Here's a useful guide to show you what you can do with GoFly ...

If you test range, make sure you are in the middle of nowhere. And make sure you fly in low wind. Check if you have disabled video cache in the app. And yes it goes 11 miles if you got no interference. Set it to sport mode and return immediately when you have reached your destination. Also the dude you have seen on YouTube got a pal with binoculars watching the drone :)

Is it just me, I can’t see why anyone would want to fly miles from the take-off point ?
I seems quite a lot of people complain they can only fly X amount of miles & want range extending antennas but I can’t help but wonder why.

He is complaining about only getting 1000ft.

Reactions: davemorts
I thought the US versions were 10km, and UK (CE) 6km? Either way, I'm in the "not sure I want to fly that far" camp, but then I've only just got mine and only done one flight so I am still quite nervous!

Reactions: Kendallfordguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM