DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help with my Mavic air 2

turn on your tablet controler and rc and when they are all conected that go into camera vue and tap on the three sots in the top right hand corner of the screen this dhould bring up the safty page and you can change your settings for distance there.
a word of caution about flying long distance you can get out a long way but you may run out of battery before you get back home and the drone will land somewhere before it gets to you.
lost drone.

Attachments

• 20200627_072531.jpg
    20200627_072531.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
If you test range, make sure you are in the middle of nowhere. And make sure you fly in low wind. Check if you have disabled video cache in the app. And yes it goes 11 miles if you got no interference. Set it to sport mode and return immediately when you have reached your destination. Also the dude you have seen on YouTube got a pal with binoculars watching the drone :)
No, it does NOT go 11 miles.

The max distance I get is 1000 feet I have I phone x please help me get max distance I was told these could fly up to 11 miles . thank u
I'm surprised that no-one has explained that the max distance depends on your flying environment and the amount of interference in your local area.
Max distance will be achieved in the desert or over the ocean.
Distance can be significantly less in urban areas.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
That's short of what I would expect the range to be but it could be the direction you're flying.

No, it does NOT go 11 miles.
You're right. I was confusing another video. About 22000 feet or 4.15 miles is the highest I have seen. Which is still pretty impressive. This was the video:

Nope, you’ve lost me!
Look how much discussion/controversy the original comment has caused, even between seasoned members. Now look at how often the OP has come back and joined in that discussion or even thanked anyone for their help....
Getting it yet?

You're right. I was confusing another video. About 22000 feet or 4.15 miles is the highest I have seen. Which is still pretty impressive. This was the video:
I love this guy’s YouTube channel. This environment he performs range tests in also explains perfectly what’s required to achieve such results. I think a lot of people are expecting the MA2 to fly out miles and miles from their house surrounded by trees and buildings, and it just simply won’t because of RF physics.

Reactions: DoctorNick
Look how much discussion/controversy the original comment has caused, even between seasoned members. Now look at how often the OP has come back and joined in that discussion or even thanked anyone for their help....
Getting it yet?
Ahhhhh, I’ve seen the light!

If you test range, make sure you are in the middle of nowhere. And make sure you fly in low wind. Check if you have disabled video cache in the app. And yes it goes 11 miles if you got no interference. Set it to sport mode and return immediately when you have reached your destination. Also the dude you have seen on YouTube got a pal with binoculars watching the drone :)

What's with the video cache? Less battery use with it disabled? Or leave it enabled to salvage some footage, just in case?

10 km is the Max Transmission Distance in FCC-mode, the Max Flight Distance is 18.5 km (both DJI specs).
How’s that going to work? Beyond Max transmission range surely it would just enter RTH mode? Doesn’t that refer to the total distance flown from takeoff to landing, it doesn’t mean 18.5km away from RC.

What's with the video cache? Less battery use with it disabled? Or leave it enabled to salvage some footage, just in case?
Longer video signal range when disabled, because of more bandwidth available. Less battery used by both drone and controller. If you set RTH in case of lost signal, then it shouldn't matter much. You can always use a screen capture app on your cellphone.

Reactions: CNEEL89
Longer video signal range when disabled, because of more bandwidth available. Less battery used by both drone and controller. If you set RTH in case of lost signal, then it shouldn't matter much. You can always use a screen capture app on your cellphone.
I always thought caching was just your phone/tablet caching some of the video from the FPV feed.
How does caching affect bandwidth and battery? Im not doubting you I'm interested.

The max distance I get is 1000 feet I have I phone x please help me get max distance I was told these could fly up to 11 miles . thank u
I don't know how to identify a troll; so let's assume this is a serious post. The poster is technically correct. The specifications for the Air 2 on the DJI website show "Max flight distance 18.5 km". That's a tick over 11 miles. In theory, a round trip of 11 miles would equate to 5.5 miles going out and 5.5 for the return home. A one way trip of 11 miles would equate to a lost drone with no return home.

In real life, I suspect these numbers were achieved by DJI in perfect flying conditions; and are highly optimistic and totally unachievable by the drone purchaser.

I always thought caching was just your phone/tablet caching some of the video from the FPV feed.
How does caching affect bandwidth and battery? Im not doubting you I'm interested.
Actually I don't know how it works exactly, but from observing how my drone behave when it's enabled, I can say it does affect range and general stability of the video link. (this is on MM, it might behave different with eg a MA2)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman