DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PLS HELP ! Which drone can shoot in portrait mode

Tempname

Reactions
hello I am looking for a long time for an answer to this question but it is nowhere to be found. I hope someone here can help me.
I am a videographer who uploads a lot of content to TikTok and instagram reels so I am looking for a drone that can record vertically in the format 9:16 So far I have only found the Mavic Pro and the DJI Spark who have a so called portrait mode. Does anyone know of other drones (doesn't have to be DJI) that also support this feature?

Thanks for the help

hello I am looking for a long time for an answer to this question but it is nowhere to be found. I hope someone here can help me.
I am a videographer who uploads a lot of content to TikTok and instagram reels so I am looking for a drone that can record vertically in the format 9:16 So far I have only found the Mavic Pro and the DJI Spark who have a so called portrait mode. Does anyone know of other drones (doesn't have to be DJI) that also support this feature?

Thanks for the help
Only the brand new Autel EVO Lite can shoot in portrait mode. It has a unique 4 axis gimbal that turns 90 degrees to give you the portrait look. All others rely on an extreme crop.

Reactions: RCEE and db4476
On our Air 2 we use “Veritical Panorama Mode” to get format similar to Portrait orientation. I think our Mini 2 and Mavic 3 have the same option, but both of those aren’t available for me to check.

Here’s a link to someone who uses the vertical panorama mode to get a portrait mode effect.

It produces a taller image that standard portrait but you can easily crop that if you wish. I think vertical panorama will give you a greater pixel density than cropping the sides of a normal shot.

Howard

On our Air 2 we use “Veritical Panorama Mode” to get format similar to Portrait orientation. I think our Mini 2 and Mavic 3 have the same option, but both of those aren’t available for me to check.

Here’s a link to someone who uses the vertical panorama mode to get a portrait mode effect.

It produces a taller image that standard portrait but you can easily crop that if you wish. I think vertical panorama will give you a greater pixel density than cropping the sides of a normal shot.

Howard
I use vertical panoramas all the time but it's not going to help the OP too much because he needs to film video for online content. Great tool for static instagram work though.

Reactions: Howard70
Also slightly updated Mavic Pro Platinum has same camera/gimbal as original Mavic Pro.

But output quality of that tiny old 12MP sensor is such that cropping from 1" sensor and Mavic 3's 4/3 sensor should give at least equal quality.
And certainly far more than needed for those uses.

Only issue would be need to remember that cropping in framing.

I think vertical panorama will give you a greater pixel density than cropping the sides of a normal shot.
Joining multiple images together gives always more resolution than cropping single wider fov image.
But if field of view of individual image isn't narrower, angular resolution/size of smallest detail remains the same.

Super Resolution mode of Mavic 2 zoom actually uses zooming in and then making panomara covering unzoomed field of view.
Now if DJI would do similar mode for Mavic 3 that would result fast whole lots of megapixels...

Another vote for simply cropping to a vertical format. Years ago when the Canon 10D came out, wedding photographers ( I was one) all around declared there was no longer any need to try to move the camera to a vertical format for shooting because 10MP gave you the ability to just crop. It was true and now we have more MP, although the sensors are small, in decent lighting cropping vertical, especially for web presentation, is no problem at all. I would not be concerned in buying virtually any modern drone to shoot for TikTok. The only trick is remembering the area that you will be cropping to because most (all?) do not have cropping lines delineated on screen.

Not aware of any besides the original Mavic Pro.

Not like you'd be lacking detail by cropping a landscape 4K image given the garbage quality of IG/TT video anyway.
.... And the MPP

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada