DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pls need help. MPP can’t find GPS

Ya. The kick in the pants is that there’s only 3 DJi support centres. 2 our west 1 out east. I’m right in the middle!!!!!!

I got ahold of them. And they don’t know. Their talking to me as if there’s a support Center down the street from me. Any how guys thanks so much. I’ll keep you posted with what’s going on and what happens.

Reactions: Former Member
In the beginning yes it did say compass error. Then the error msg stopped and just no gps. Now it’s giving me a new msg. It’s like every time I turn the thing on there’s something new. Now it’s saying GPS encounters disconnect.

That message means that the FC is not getting a data stream from the GPS module. That's most likely a hardware error. If you retrieve the DAT file from the mobile device it will contain more information.

How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Thank you everyone for your help and input. I sent in the drone and they said that the GPS needs to be replaced. When I go pick up the drone I am going to ask them exactly what the issue was and will let everyone know. Hopefully I will be in the air this weekend fingers crossed

Reactions: Former Member
Ok so I got the MPP back on Friday and I asked what was the issue. They told me that the GPS (antenna I guess) failed. In other words I got the lucky lemon!!!! Anyhow I was back up in the air that day flying like a bird and looking like a kid on Christmas morning. :D You guys where great. Thanks again for all your help.

Ok so I got the MPP back on Friday and I asked what was the issue. They told me that the GPS (antenna I guess) failed. In other words I got the lucky lemon!!!! Anyhow I was back up in the air that day flying like a bird and looking like a kid on Christmas morning. :D You guys where great. Thanks again for all your help.

If you havent bought DJI Refresh, now might be a good time. Then you will be covered by warranty and operator error.

Reactions: NSMTim
If you havent bought DJI Refresh, now might be a good time. Then you will be covered by warranty and operator error.

I tried didn’t qualify for it. They said that we only have 48 hrs from the time of purchase to register the unit. :( its all good. I’m learning as I go. On the plus side I found a really great place that works on drones near me.

It sounds like a mechanical problem, but if the GPS is mechanically damaged or malfunctioning, you might get a navigation system error, not GPS disconnect.
That's what I was thinking. Having just had my MP apart to fix the gimbal, I can see that the tiny plug to connect the GPS antenna to the control board is not seated really tightly. If it came from the factory with a flaky connection, it could become unseated even with just normal handling or a hard landing.

Sounds like a warranty issue, unless you wanted to pop the top yourself and give the GPS cable a wiggle (and probably voiding your warranty...)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne