DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pls need help. MPP can’t find GPS

NSMTim

Reactions
My very first flight I had GPS signal. After that my MPP can not find the GPS. I mean NO GPS. I’ve seen with other people that it shows 3 satellites or something like that with no reception. But for me it doesn’t show any satellites or reception. And so the MPP stays in PTI mode or ATTI mode. Please can any tell me what’s going on with my MPP??

Any chance the GPS almanac data got reset (or out of date) while it is unable to get the AGPS data online? TBH, i have no idea where and how it receives the AGPS data to begin from, but i'd totally try and assume the GPS may be trying to cold start, which takes a bit under 15 minutes. As strange as it may sound, i'd just put it down under open skies, turn it on, and wait for 15 minutes, hoping it will cold-start itself and rectify the issue for the next flights.

My very first flight I had GPS signal. After that my MPP can not find the GPS. I mean NO GPS. I’ve seen with other people that it shows 3 satellites or something like that with no reception. But for me it doesn’t show any satellites or reception. And so the MPP stays in PTI mode or ATTI mode. Please can any tell me what’s going on with my MPP??

Are you getting any compass error messages? Where are you located? Unless you are in Ice Station Zebra, you should get at least a few satellites, especially if you got them before.

In the beginning yes it did say compass error. Then the error msg stopped and just no gps. Now it’s giving me a new msg. It’s like every time I turn the thing on there’s something new. Now it’s saying GPS encounters disconnect.

TBH, with an error that says "GPS encounters disconnect", i'd start thinking about warranty service. Unless you've flashed a hacked/mixed firmware version, modified debug parameters, etc - in this case, reflash to stock first (but i guess if this would be the case, you wouldn't be asking). In any case, giving it a chance to cold-start won't hurt, but don't hold your breath for it to be the solution. Sorry.

Reactions: Former Member
It sounds like a mechanical problem, but if the GPS is mechanically damaged or malfunctioning, you might get a navigation system error, not GPS disconnect.
The GPS module cable could be physically disconnected. Buy hey, the guy just got the bird!!! If i was him, i'd run to where i bought it, and demand another unit, not try to pry it open and re-seat the cables (possibly voiding my own warranties).

Edit: nevermind, didn't see a few posts

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS