DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Plymouth sunset

Brilliant photos, did you use any filters for these? Also do you know what settings were on the camera? Don't wish to be nosy but it's always good to get help from folks that have a bit more know how. ?

Thanks ! No i didn't use any filters, i've only had the MA2 for 3 weeks and am literally messing around in lightroom finding my feet with it all. The camera was set to AEB 3 photos on auto. Then i merged the 3 photos to HDR in lightroom and messed around with eh colours and applied a linear gradient. I'll post the original shots off the camera

Thanks for prompt reply, and if that's the kind of shots you can produce after 3 weeks you have a really good eye for an image. Keep up the good work and thanks for the info o the settings.

Wow! That's some transformation from original photos. The post production and editing is another whole new ball game. They are even more amazing now I see the originals and how you have transformed them. The originals are something like the shots I get sometimes but I never seem to get the end result I am looking for editing them with Affinity Photo. I really need to learn how to use Affinity correctly though as I know it is all down to my incompetence in the use of the program.

That's another from last night.

I am using lightroom mainly because of the reviews i've read about it and also i watched a really good video on youtube where a guy has attached a link to download a photo he has taken and then after you download it you can edit his photo alongside him while watching what he does, it was a great insight for me to get the hang of where everything is and what it all does. I can post a link to that video here if you want to try it out. Affinity will have all the same sliders etc i would say.

Another beautiful image and thanks for offer of posting link, that would be great. I will definitely try it out and see how I get on. I have heard a lot of good reports on Lightroom.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look at it tomorrow. Just finished signing up for A2 CofC course after dwelling on it for a month or two. Looking forward to starting that and hopefully passing it!

Oh wow ! Who are you doing it with and how much ? I was looking at it on Heliguy, is it a one day online course ? It wouldn't be valid until Jan 1st 2021 right ?

It is an online course with Heliguy which you complete at your leisure with unlimited re-sits should you fail. Cost is £249.99 which made me wonder if it was worthwhile but considering the restrictions if you don't hold this ticket I feel I either get this or sell the drone. Exam is done online via webcam, the guy from Heliguy monitors you via webcam after you showing him your surroundings. I have great faith in Heliguy and have spoke with them on the phone a couple of months ago about the course. As for validity Heliguy seem to be stating on their site that November this year is the changeover date, I was like you thinking it was 31 December but things seem to change on a day to day basis. Personally I feel that the restrictions without this qualification are too restrictive hence the reason for purchasing. I know if I sell this drone I will regret it once again and the wife would take a dim view of me buying the exact same kit for a third time!

Reactions: John_Howard3105
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78