DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Point of Interest..how to cancel

Lhemmerich

Reactions
When flying and have initiated the POI mode, but about half way thru I want to cancel it...can not find a way except return to home...is there a way? Using SC...

To cancel POI mode reenter the POI section and click the Exit button on the bottom left of the screen. What is SC?

Attachments

• 142784ED-280E-4B21-92DE-176AA76BEC79.jpeg
    142784ED-280E-4B21-92DE-176AA76BEC79.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
You can also push the pause bottom at any time and the drone will stop what ever it is doing promptly

A much better way to give you time to then access menus to cancel.
Much nicer as your bird heads to trees doing a dronie !!

Does pause actually cancel to whole POI or other quickshot function ?
And if not, do you push pause again and it resumes ?
Haven't ever tried that.

Reactions: brett8883
A sure way to cancel any operation in its tracks is to switch temporarily to sport mode. It is quick and works with any autonomous mode instantly. It also doesn't rely on you device connection, or risk a delay, since it is coming straight from the controller.

You can then recap your software at your leisure. Don't forget to switch back afterward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meta4
A sure way to cancel any operation in its tracks is to switch temporarily to sport mode. It is quick and works with any autonomous mode instantly. It also doesn't rely on you device connection, or risk a delay, since it is coming straight from the controller.

You can then recap your software at your leisure. Don't forget to switch back afterward.

It actually won’t stop fixed wing mode so that’s why the pause buttton is your “panic” button because no matter the mode not matter the fuction no matter what the pause button will stop the drone in its tracks. Try flying full speed ahead in sport mode and then pressing the pause button. It will show you how quickly the pause button can stop you from full speed ahead

Reactions: mereflyer
A much better way to give you time to then access menus to cancel.
Much nicer as your bird heads to trees doing a dronie !!

Does pause actually cancel to whole POI or other quickshot function ?
And if not, do you push pause again and it resumes ?
Haven't ever tried that.

I believe it cancels everything but I’d have to check.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I believe it cancels everything but I’d have to check.

I'd check but the MP is a couple of thousand km away interstate until we are reunited in a few weeks.
The Spark might be the same, but I haven't really flown it more than a few times now.
If I do I will certainly try it with that, I fly it with Go4 an will continue to do that for familiarity.

It actually won’t stop fixed wing mode so that’s why the pause buttton is your “panic” button because no matter the mode not matter the fuction no matter what the pause button will stop the drone in its tracks. Try flying full speed ahead in sport mode and then pressing the pause button. It will show you how quickly the pause button can stop you from full speed ahead
Im not
Im not sure you are correct on that. My research shows that sport and fixed wing mode are incompatible. But regardless, even if you’re correct, for all other modes the sport mode switch is the one method not device dependent. For those with slow/hesitant devices, it might very well be the difference between a collision with something or not. I know when using my android device, it would occasionally freeze, hesitate or disconnect, rendering the pause button useless.
If nothing else, it would be good to have that in the back of your mind as a last resort.

Concerning the pause at full forward speed, I have a question. Once while flying full forward I released the forward stick and accidentally pulled it back a bit. The drone came to a violent stop and reared up. It was over water just a couple of feet above and I really thought it was going swimming. The gimbal is a wonder as the the video didnt show any of the violent manoeuvre.
So my question is can this cause a flip and subsequent crash?

Concerning the pause at full forward speed, I have a question. Once while flying full forward I released the forward stick and accidentally pulled it back a bit. The drone came to a violent stop and reared up. It was over water just a couple of feet above and I really thought it was going swimming. The gimbal is a wonder as the the video didnt show any of the violent manoeuvre.
So my question is can this cause a flip and subsequent crash?

No. The flight controller won’t let the mavic tilt more than 45 degrees in any direction. Trust me I’ve tried

Reactions: 4matic
Im not

Im not sure you are correct on that. My research shows that sport and fixed wing mode are incompatible. But regardless, even if you’re correct, for all other modes the sport mode switch is the one method not device dependent. For those with slow/hesitant devices, it might very well be the difference between a collision with something or not. I know when using my android device, it would occasionally freeze, hesitate or disconnect, rendering the pause button useless.
If nothing else, it would be good to have that in the back of your mind as a last resort.

Or you could just use the physical pause button on the remote which is meant for this purpose. Fixed Wing mode works in sport mode.

Also @MAvic_South_Oz I tried it today and pressing pause while in POI mode will stop the drone in its tracks and pressing it again will continue the poi mission. Another benefit to using the pause button. However, pressing pause during an activetrack or Quickshot program will however cancel the program and will have to be restarted to continue.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Are there minimum values in which the POI mode works? For example, could I use POI mode at an altitude of 20 feet and a radius of about the same?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom