DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Pokhara - Gateway to the Annapurna Himalayas Range

MPone

Reactions
Pokhara is a city on Phewa Lake, in central Nepal. It is known as a gateway to the Annapurna Circuit, a popular trail in the Himalayas. It is best known for the stunning view of the Annapurna range. It is perhaps one of the few places on earth from where mountains above 6,000 m can be seen unobstructed from an altitude of 800m within the distance of 28km.

Nice video.
I was there 40 years ago, it was more like a small village then, compared to the big city it is now. Interesting to see how much it has changed.

Reactions: MPone
Pokhara is a city on Phewa Lake, in central Nepal. It is known as a gateway to the Annapurna Circuit, a popular trail in the Himalayas. It is best known for the stunning view of the Annapurna range. It is perhaps one of the few places on earth from where mountains above 6,000 m can be seen unobstructed from an altitude of 800m within the distance of 28km.
I really enjoyed your film. Brings back memories of our trips to Nepal, trek to Everest base camp, and various towns nearby Kathmandu we had visited.

Dale

Very nice video. The food in the street markets looks delicious. What was the island in the middle of the lake that many people were visiting? Thanks for sharing.
I'm not sure what's the name of the island on Phewa Lake but there's a temple on the island (Tal Barahi Temple).
Street foods are very common there. Make sure to drink lots of beer after to drown the consumed bacteria.

Awesome flight - I really want to visit Nepal :)

Wow! Wish you have some photos of Pokhara 40 years back. Would be very interesting.
I could not find any from the city, but here are two photos from the Phewa Lake. We rented a boat and paddled to the other side of the lake. Central Pokhara is hidden to the right. You can see Sarang Kot, but there was no tower there back then.
The other photo is a gentleman in his homemade boat. He reached an incredible speed with that log!
We did a small trek along a ridge to the west of Sarang Kot, to a village called Naudanda, and spent a few days there.
As others have said, Nepalese are very hospitable and friendly people.

Attachments

• Pokhara_0030.jpg
    Pokhara_0030.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Pokhara_0001.jpg
    Pokhara_0001.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 3
I could not find any from the city, but here are two photos from the Phewa Lake. We rented a boat and paddled to the other side of the lake. Central Pokhara is hidden to the right. You can see Sarang Kot, but there was no tower there back then.
The other photo is a gentleman in his homemade boat. He reached an incredible speed with that log!
We did a small trek along a ridge to the west of Sarang Kot, to a village called Naudanda, and spent a few days there.
As others have said, Nepalese are very hospitable and friendly people.
Love your photos. The skies look so clear 40 years ago. We live in such a polluted world now. I did a fly over Naudanda. I’ll post the video later. Nice village on the ridge. It probably has grown in size today. Thanks for sharing your photos.

I did a fly over Naudanda. I’ll post the video later. Nice village on the ridge. It probably has grown in size today.
I checked on a map, it seems that you can drive to Naudanda now. When I was there, feet were the only choice of transportation.
Here it is almost 40 years ago. Unfortunately drones were not invented yet, but I would like to see your video from there, and how it looks now. Friendly and peaceful village, we stayed there for a few days, in the only "hotel", we paid like 10 cent a night.

Naudanda_0013.jpg
Naudanda_0014.jpg
Naudanda_0017.jpg

I checked on a map, it seems that you can drive to Naudanda now. When I was there, feet were the only choice of transportation.
Here it is almost 40 years ago. Unfortunately drones were not invented yet, but I would like to see your video from there, and how it looks now. Friendly and peaceful village, we stayed there for a few days, in the only "hotel", we paid like 10 cent a night.

View attachment 162855
View attachment 162856
View attachment 162857
Thanks for the photos. I’ll tag you when I post the fly over Naudanda video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview