DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro filters - LUTs

bjjfiter

Reactions
I use Adobe Premiere to edit, and recently bought the Polar Pro Vivid collection of filters for my Mavic Pro.

I shoot mostly in D-log, but I've noticed that my D-log-to-XXX LUTs don't work when I apply them to videos shot with the Polar Pro filters. The colors are totally blown out.

Are there any specific LUTs to use for Polar Pro filters? Or do I just need to color grade without applying a basic LUT first? I'm a little new to color grading so I don't fully understand the filters/LUTs dynamic yet.

If you are applying the LUT in Lumetri just reduce the intensity by 50% or whatever.
You can also put it on a separate layer and reduce the opacity.

I'm not sure it's wise to be aiming for a flat image in D-Log while using Vivid filters to create the exact opposite effect. What if anything do they suggest you do?

Thanks for the replies. That's a good point, 4wd...I was thinking there might be some LUTs that could be downloaded that would compensate for the changes the filters brought to D-log.

I really wanted the polarized filters because I shoot a lot on the water. Maybe Polar Pro will come out with some LUTs that compensate. Or someone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78