DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND's now available - Sponsored Sticky

Sweet upgrade deal! (cue Beyoncé)

The original Polarpro 6-pack has given me great results so far. The Cinema series will be even greater now that I can actually leave them on the Mavic between startups :)

Well done PolarPro!

Reactions: PolarPro
The Cinema Series are now available for Pre-Order/Upgrade:
PolarPro | DJI Mavic Filters

For everyone wanting to upgrade, just shoot [email protected] your order number and he will get you all set up.

Let me know if anyone has any questions on these.
Many people will be happy to see this video:

I will be shooting videos of farms and woodlands on bright sunny days with a Mavic Pro and I want to prevent overexposure. There will be occasional beach and lake videos, but mostly trees and farms. So, Vivid or Shutter Collection...... which do I need?

I will be shooting videos of farms and woodlands on bright sunny days with a Mavic Pro and I want to prevent overexposure. There will be occasional beach and lake videos, but mostly trees and farms. So, Vivid or Shutter Collection...... which do I need?
Most people are purchasing the 6-Pack, which includes both.
If you are only going to select one it is very much so personal preference.

The Vivid Collection contains ND/polarizers which will help with glare reduction and increase color saturation.

The Shutter Collection contains ND filters which are not polarized.

I personally shoot the ND/PL's most of the time, but like I said its pretty much a personal opinion.

-Jeff

Reactions: Mavikhan
Most people are purchasing the 6-Pack, which includes both.
If you are only going to select one it is very much so personal preference.

The Vivid Collection contains ND/polarizers which will help with glare reduction and increase color saturation.

The Shutter Collection contains ND filters which are not polarized.

I personally shoot the ND/PL's most of the time, but like I said its pretty much a personal opinion.

-Jeff

Thanks. Do you have to orientate the ND/PL correctly to get the benefits?

Yes, a polarizer filter by nature needs to be rotated and oriented to get the maximum effect,
-Jeff
Jeff, could you explain how far you rotate the filter. Is there a specific way? How do you know you are using it in the correct way it's intended? Or do you simply point the camera, and rotate until it looks right?

Sweet upgrade deal! (cue Beyoncé)

The original Polarpro 6-pack has given me great results so far. The Cinema series will be even greater now that I can actually leave them on the Mavic between startups :)

Well done PolarPro!
I have to agree with you. I have gotten great results just using the nd-8 filter on cloudy days. Can't wait for the cinema series.

Jeff, could you explain how far you rotate the filter. Is there a specific way? How do you know you are using it in the correct way it's intended? Or do you simply point the camera, and rotate until it looks right?
Here is a video on how to orient the polarizer:
-Jeff

You can currently preorder the upcoming Cinema Series lens six-pack for the Mavic Pro on Amazon for $79.99. That's the new Cinema six-pack that you can leave on during startup, according to this Amazon description. I believe it should be $149.99. Not sure if this is an Amazon error or if I am just reading it wrong. Get em while you can.

https://www.amazon.com/Polar-Pro-Fi...002892&sr=8-1&keywords=Polar+pro+mavic+cinema

Reactions: chuckb223
You can currently preorder the upcoming Cinema Series lens six-pack for the Mavic Pro on Amazon for $79.99. That's the new Cinema six-pack that you can leave on during startup, according to this Amazon description. I believe it should be $149.99. Not sure if this is an Amazon error or if I am just reading it wrong. Get em while you can.

Its an Amazon error, they will never get stock to send out. So even if you order them, you will not get them because Amazon will not receive any to send. The best case is they would give you a gift card for the trouble....but still no filters.

We are working with them to get that updated so they dont have a bunch of dissapointed pilots,

-Jeff

The Cinema Series filters are not available for purchase quite yet. They should be available to preorder starting early January!
-Jeff
I'm sure you're repeating yourself here, so sorry for my question. How does the upgrade process work. Also, I'm leaving for Costa Rica with the Peace Corps Feb. 20. Would I be able to get cinema series by then?

I'm sure you're repeating yourself here, so sorry for my question. How does the upgrade process work. Also, I'm leaving for Costa Rica with the Peace Corps Feb. 20. Would I be able to get cinema series by then?
Just shoot Dan.M@polarprofilters and email and he will get you all set up. Everything ships Jan 10th so you should be perfectly fine on timing.
Thanks for the support!
-Jeff

Just shoot Dan.M@polarprofilters and email and he will get you all set up. Everything ships Jan 10th so you should be perfectly fine on timing.
Thanks for the support!
-Jeff
Love how active you are on here. Thanks for the feedback! I've heard that it's possible to kill the motor by placing these filters on after gimbal calibration. If you push too hard. Is this possible? Would I be best off just waiting for cinema series?

Thanks for the support!
-Jeff
Also what's the difference between the cinema and those currently available? Just build quality? Sorry for all the questions. My first drone and there is a lot of bad advice online

Love how active you are on here. Thanks for the feedback! I've heard that it's possible to kill the motor by placing these filters on after gimbal calibration. If you push too hard. Is this possible? Would I be best off just waiting for cinema series?
As long as you support the gimbal while installing you will be perfectly fine. If you are not comfortable doing that, the Cinema Series would be a good choice. Thanks!
-Jeff

Also what's the difference between the cinema and those currently available? Just build quality? Sorry for all the questions. My first drone and there is a lot of bad advice online
Cinema Series has a higher end glass, and also an aluminum frame. It is a very high end build quality. We appreciate the questions, and are happy to answer them!
-Jeff

Jeff, in the one video showing the Mavic Cinema ND/CP 16, there does not appear to be an outer ring to adjust the CP as shown in the tutorial video with the Cinema CP filters being adjusted on the Phantom 4. Are the Mavic filters one piece that will have to be rotated after installing to get the polarizer alignment correct?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Jeff, in the one video showing the Mavic Cinema ND/CP 16, there does not appear to be an outer ring to adjust the CP as shown in the tutorial video with the Cinema CP filters being adjusted on the Phantom 4. Are the Mavic filters one piece that will have to be rotated after installing to get the polarizer alignment correct?
Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Great questions,
You are correct there is no rotating ring on the mavic filters, so you hold the filter in front of the camera, rotate it, and then press it on. You will not rotate the filter once it is on the Mavic.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff

I finally received my polarpro filters a few days ago, went about to see how they worked yesterday. Check out this video i created, its one of the more intense video i've created and edited. For the aerial shots i used the ND16 and ND8 PL filters. I dun see any issue with sharpness while using the filters. It worked great!

Wanted to exchange my filters for the cinema series but i think it wont be necessary. And all that talk about putting the filter on and off were greatly exaggerated. Its easy and not difficult at all...

Reactions: PolarPro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60