DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND's now available - Sponsored Sticky

Jeff, I'm having trouble ordering the cinema series in Europe. Three 'PolarPro representative' companies in the UK: one without a website, 2 not showing the cinema series. One company in Germany: same story. One company in France: same story.

Ordering from the USA tot the Netherlands is 60 bucks. Not a real option.

Any advise?

Jeff, I'm having trouble ordering the cinema series in Europe. Three 'PolarPro representative' companies in the UK: one without a website, 2 not showing the cinema series. One company in Germany: same story. One company in France: same story.

Ordering from the USA tot the Netherlands is 60 bucks. Not a real option.

Any advise?
Yes, if you order direct from our site shipping is $14.99 and it takes about 10 days to the Netherlands.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Just ordered the Cinema series. Cancelled the order for the Mavic case. Shipping the case is expensive.

Thanks Jeff. Just ordered the Cinema series. Cancelled the order for the Mavic case. Shipping the case is expensive.
Yah, that case is a pain to ship internationally, the volumetric weight is really high.
There should be some European stock soon,
Thanks for the order!
-Jeff

I finally received my polarpro filters a few days ago, went about to see how they worked yesterday. Check out this video i created, its one of the more intense video i've created and edited. For the aerial shots i used the ND16 and ND8 PL filters. I dun see any issue with sharpness while using the filters. It worked great!

Wanted to exchange my filters for the cinema series but i think it wont be necessary. And all that talk about putting the filter on and off were greatly exaggerated. Its easy and not difficult at all...
Cool vid. Don't mean to sidetrack this topic, just curious where you were positioned during the flight to not lose line of sight, since it seems you fly on multiples sides of these tall buildings? We're you re-positioning between shots to constantly maintain los?

Cool vid. Don't mean to sidetrack this topic, just curious where you were positioned during the flight to not lose line of sight, since it seems you fly on multiples sides of these tall buildings? We're you re-positioning between shots to constantly maintain los?
That flight has Litchi written all over it. Or Flight Logic's AutoPilot. And probably some flying by hand mixed in.

Reactions: Adrian
That flight has Litchi written all over it. Or Flight Logic's AutoPilot. And probably some flying by hand mixed in.
hmm yeah that would make sense... Guess seeing as how I haven't delved into Litchi the auto pilot idea never crossed my mind.

hmm yeah that would make sense... Guess seeing as how I haven't delved into Litchi the auto pilot idea never crossed my mind.
I don't use litchi and never did. I just make sure to plan my flight pattern before hand to prevent loss of signal. I wasn't standing on one spot but moved around constantly to achieve optimum signal angle.

Reactions: Adrian
And also I wasn't standing on the ground level. I was at the building complex itself on he 4th level, where there is an open space. That is the "ground level" of the apartment complex but it is actually over the 4th level of the business complex below it.

But are they meant to go on that tight? Is anyone else experiencing this with the cinema series?

I tried my new PolarPro Cinema Vivid Series ND Filters in flight yesterday.
Beforehand I practiced putting them on a couple of times to see how they fit. They fit well, snapping on and off.
I also tested putting them on at home and upon powering up the Mavic, the gimbal gave no error messages with the added ND filter.
I figured great, let's try it out for real now.

However, it became a whole different story in the field today...
I used the ND8 filter and made sure it was securely and uniformly attached to the camera.
But upon powering up the Mavic, I got a Gimbal Error message in DJI GO.
I restarted the Mavic several times to see what was happening.
Finally about the 3rd or 4th time starting up, I got to an initialization without having a DJI GO Gimbal Error message.
The Gimbal Error messages varied, to being:
Gimbal Overloaded, make sure the clamp is off.
Gimbal Limit reached.
Gimbal Obstructed.

Eventually I realized on the second or third startup, looking at the Mavic as it initialized and ended the startup with a gimbal error,
the camera would be left positioned at an odd, crooked angle.
My solution was to power off the Mavic, straighten the camera to a normal horizontal position and then restart the Mavic again.
Usually after doing this procedure the next startup would be without Gimbal Error messages and I would then fly with no problems.
This sequence happened the same way for two separate flights in different flight locations, using different batteries.
I confirmed the ND Filter was installed properly and uniformly, snapping on and off.
I have to assume the filter was catching on something during the startup sequence.
The only difference I can think of between being at home and in the field is the possibility
that at home the Mavic was completely level and maybe the field surface was not.
But these outdoor surfaces were not noticeably slanted, (one time on a flat boulder and the other from a concrete pad (with no rebar inside).
I've certainly taken off with the Mavic and Phantom 3 from much more uneven terrain.

While this is a disappointment, I will say I was pleased with the look of the video(s) using the ND filter.
However at this point I'm not sure what to do...
I'm thinking of returning them and trying out the new DJI filters or Taco at this point.
Getting a gimbal error message so frequently on startup is not workable.

Update:
Reading recent posts, I see other users are having the similar issues with the ND filters snagging and causing gimbal error messages.
Some possible reasons I've read are that the filters really have to be pressed on tightly or possibly rotated to the right orientation
in order to clear during the gimbal startup sequence, (meaning maybe they are not round or were deformed when installing them).

After numerous filter installations and power startups during indoor testing, I've had the filters both clear and not clear during the gimbal startup sequence.
Each time I visually inspected the installation and thought the filters were installed tightly on the camera.
So at this point I'm guessing you have to press them on really, really tightly, (which is not ideal).
Unfortunately, they are already pretty hard to remove once installed, I wouldn't do it unless the Mavic is powered down and the gimbal clamp installed...

Don't you get worried damaging the gimbal, taking them off? They are super tight!
Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
They should be tight so they dont fall off.
If they are tight to the point you cant get them off please email us. There is actually a large variance in the Mavic Camera itself. We do have looser fitting filters for the few users who have cameras on the larger range of the tolerance spectrum: [email protected] can help you out,
-Jeff

They should be tight so they dont fall off.
If they are tight to the point you cant get them off please email us. There is actually a large variance in the Mavic Camera itself. We do have looser fitting filters for the few users who have cameras on the larger range of the tolerance spectrum: [email protected] can help you out,
-Jeff
A couple of mates and I are about to pull the trigger on the cinema series 6 pack. Jeff what can we check so that we get the correct size. We'd love to get the right ones first time round. We reside in Melbourne Australia.
Thanks Jeff.

A couple of mates and I are about to pull the trigger on the cinema series 6 pack. Jeff what can we check so that we get the correct size. We'd love to get the right ones first time round. We reside in Melbourne Australia.
Thanks Jeff.
Awesome!
The percentage of the cameras on the extreme high and low end of the variance specs is less than 1%. We have been individually testing each filter on each of our 5 Mavic's before shipping out so they should fit your cameras well.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff

Step One:
Put on appropriate PolarPro cinema series ND filter.

Step Two:
Launch Litchi app and set style to ART, -1,-1,0

Step Three (Optional):
Quit Litchi App and Launch DJI Go 4 - notice how "Art" is back. Or skip this step and just fly with Litchi.

Now your ready to fly the Mavic Pro with best possible video capture quality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird