DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND's now available - Sponsored Sticky

Thanks for these informative links, Jeff. I am new to photography so I'm trying to work my way up the learning curve.

I have two questions

1. Are there any situations where filters should NOT be used? How does one know which filter to use? Is there something more scientific than just guessing what the best filter will be buy judging the amount of light present?
2. I understand that the filters allow for a slow shutter speed but is the shutter speed something the user has to set manually on the Mavic, or when using the auto camera setting, will the Mavic automatically use a slower shutter speed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Chris, thanks for the question.

1. You would not want to use a filter if your shutter speed is below twice your frame rate. So if you are shooting 4K30, shutter speed should be 1/60th. If the shutter speed is 1/60th or lower without a filter on, you would not need to use a filter for that scene (unless you wanted to use a Polarizer). We actually have a filter calculator app which is currently in the approval process of the Itunes store now, but until that launches it would be best to learn the exposure tables and f-stops to calculate which filter is needed.

2. The easiest way for filming is to set the camera to Auto and use the ND filters to get shutter speed close to where it should be. If you set it manually to a certain shutter speed exposure may swing during your shot and you will have to edit for that in post. If you are recreationally flying I would recommend using auto and getting shutter speed close to double frame rate with the ND's.

Hope that helps!

Jeff

That's truly very helpful. Thank you very much, Jeff. I will definitely be ordering your filters.

Hi
Just thinking of ordering the filters but before I do that just want to make sure if this can be shipped to Sydney, Australia by Dec 1st week.
Which courier do you use? I am leaving the country on 12th of December. Just wanted to make sure I have it before i leave.
How much for the shipping?

Thanks

Last edited:
I saw the preorder page on these now states they ship first week of December.... Is that true for all preorders? Are earlier preorders still hipping this month?

I saw the preorder page on these now states they ship first week of December.... Is that true for all preorders? Are earlier preorders still hipping this month?
Great question,
We have sold out our first production run. Orders placed after yesterday will ship early December with our second run. Everyone who placed before yesterday will still have their same ship date at the end of November.

We appreciate everyones support who ordered early, and will make sure they receive their filters on time.

-Jeff

Hi
Just thinking of ordering the filters but before I do that just want to make sure if this can be shipped to Sydney, Australia by Dec 1st week.
Which courier do you use? I am leaving the country on 12th of December. Just wanted to make sure I have it before i leave.
How much for the shipping?

Thanks
I think the only way to guarantee these get to you before the 12th is to use DHL which is unfortunately very expensive to AU, I think it is about $49.99, but I can guarantee it will arrive on time.
-Jeff

End of November.... nice! And here I was worried that I'd get my Mavic before the ND filters arrive. Clearly, that will not the case lol.

Will anything ship next week?
Great question,
Nothing will ship next week, most of our employees will be spending the last half of the week with family and flying their drones.
We are still on schedule to ship on time at the end of November.
Thanks for the order!
-Jeff

Great question,
Nothing will ship next week, most of our employees will be spending the last half of the week with family and flying their drones.
We are still on schedule to ship on time at the end of November.
Thanks for the order!
-Jeff

Ahhh thanksgiving, of course! Have a good one!

Look forward to receiving the filters.

Cheers

Reactions: PolarPro
I cant wait for the filters to arrive... i'm on of the lucky ones who got the mavic early. I'm slowly moving to the stage where i was excited about it and slowly leaving the drone in my bag and losing interest to fly....
Once the filters arrive though i'll be sure to use it more often as i'm quite sick of the look of the video i'm getting now.

I am looking to order the 6 pack. But I am concerned about whether they hit the gimbal arm when you pan to the right due to the limited space. There are other company's shipping filter's and they all seem to have this problem from reviews I have read. Can you confirm if the Polar Pro's will have this problem or not?

Last edited:
I'd be interested to read more about that, since it seems the one post was from someone with a different brand filter, and the other one hasn't actually used them yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007