DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polarized filters

There are a lot of good sets and single filters available. You can find a list of filters that are known to work well here.

PolarPro's are the "go to" but some people complain about the price. Personally I found them to be so cheap relative to the cost of the drone that it was a total non-issue, and I went with a product I was comfortable with, has good support, guaranteed gimbal compatibility, multi-coated surfaces, and a lifetime warranty. I'm sure other companies make good filters too but I went with the "safe" choice because there was no good reason not to (for me). There is no objective testing to look at regarding filter quality that I have seen anywhere, so I just picked based on the best available information to me at the time. I am extremely picky and I have been happy with them so far, YMMV.

Just a caution regarding polarized filters on drones, they are very difficult to use properly and effectively because your footage will change any time your angle to the sun changes. You need a very well planned out flight path to get much value out of polarizers. They can also completely eliminate certain things that you may want in your footage, such as rainbows or the colors of a sunset reflecting off other surfaces.

Yup to polars. Cheap imo. Polarized filters do require thinking tho but their effect is amazing.

PolarPro's are the "go to" but some people complain about the price. Personally I found them to be so cheap relative to the cost of the drone that it was a total non-issue, and I went with a product I was comfortable with, has good support, guaranteed gimbal compatibility, multi-coated surfaces, and a lifetime warranty. I'm sure other companies make good filters too but I went with the "safe" choice because there was no good reason not to (for me). There is no objective testing to look at regarding filter quality that I have seen anywhere, so I just picked based on the best available information to me at the time. I am extremely picky and I have been happy with them so far, YMMV.

Just a caution regarding polarized filters on drones, they are very difficult to use properly and effectively because your footage will change any time your angle to the sun changes. You need a very well planned out flight path to get much value out of polarizers. They can also completely eliminate certain things that you may want in your footage, such as rainbows or the colors of a sunset reflecting off other surfaces.

Totally agree with this! You get what you pay for. I did not think twice and went for polar pro too, the quality is guarantee. Other brands can be very good too, but no brainer for me. If you spend that amount of money for the drone, don’t go cheap on the filter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+