DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polarizing filters or not

MGVision

Reactions
Hello, i am looking to buy polarpro filters. Can somoene tell me what is the difference between normal and polarizing filters. My main goal is to shoot pictures and videos of the sky, mountains, trees and water. I am living in middle europe what whould be best filters here? ND16 and ND32?
Thanks for help :)

Can somoene tell me what is the difference between normal and polarizing filters
Watch these videos:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: ayapov and MGVision
Hello, i am looking to buy polarpro filters. Can somoene tell me what is the difference between normal and polarizing filters. My main goal is to shoot pictures and videos of the sky, mountains, trees and water. I am living in middle europe what whould be best filters here? ND16 and ND32?
Thanks for help :)

This has been covered extensively on here but due to the nature of how polarizers work, you really need to know what you're doing before using them on a drone unless you want uneven footage.

Polarization is strongest 90 degrees to the sun and eliminated 180 degrees from the sun. You need a carefully planned and consistent flight path if you don't want the look of your footage to change mid-flight. If you want to just fly around unrestricted, normal ND filters are best for most people. Basically if you have to ask if you should get polarizers, my advice is don't until you know you need them. You can always buy one individually later for next to nothing. They do have their place as it's an effect you cannot replicate in post processing, but most of the time you probably don't need one.

Reactions: MGVision
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson