DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro Cinema Series Filters-Video

i have two sets from polar pro, the first fell off straight away, diameter too big, the second set they sent, obstructs gimbal, so in 3 months i havnt used a single filter, not very stoked!

Id like to know anyone else's experience with the filters or some advice on some filters that work?
Cheers

Yes I ordered yesterday around 11:30 am Mountain Time and there were only 2 left.

Well that's great for you but a tad disappointing. I've had mine on order for almost 3 weeks. Not sure why they wouldn't fill existing orders first.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

i have two sets from polar pro, the first fell off straight away, diameter too big, the second set they sent, obstructs gimbal, so in 3 months i havnt used a single filter, not very stoked!

Id like to know anyone else's experience with the filters or some advice on some filters that work?
Cheers

Do you have the Cinema series filters? My understanding is that the original design had the issues you're describing but they pulled those and replaced them with the Cinema series which fixes those issues.

I'm new to all of this (still waiting for my Mavic to arrive)
I was wondering why you would buy the 6 filters - why would you not use the polarised filters all the time?

Reactions: G284L
Hey Guys! So a lot of people have been asking for videos showing our new Cinema Series filters in action. These are a few shots I compiled over the last two months during testing. Shot with the Mavic, Phantom 4 Pro, and Inspire 2 X5S. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Jeff from PolarPro
Question: Do these filter interfere with the Mavic gimbal during start up? I have heard that some of the ND filters offered for the Mavic restrict the Gimbal movement when goes through it's initialization?

Question: Do these filter interfere with the Mavic gimbal during start up? I have heard that some of the ND filters offered for the Mavic restrict the Gimbal movement when goes through it's initialization?
Nope, all of our filters will now pass through gimbal initialization

Jeff

Cheers

Why dont you email [email protected] and let us take care of you :)
-Jeff

Well that's great for you but a tad disappointing. I've had mine on order for almost 3 weeks. Not sure why they wouldn't fill existing orders first.

All of our preorders have shipped, if you did not receive shipping confirmation please shoot us an email and we will get you taken care of.
-Jeff

I'm new to all of this (still waiting for my Mavic to arrive)
I was wondering why you would buy the 6 filters - why would you not use the polarised filters all the time?
The ND/PL filters will increase color saturation and improve contrast.

The Straight ND filters will only reduce the shutter speed and not change any color profiles.

It all depends on the look you are going for, I personally use the ND/PL's a lot of the time, but sometimes will use the Straight ND's when I am trying to create a video that is more neutrally toned.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jeff

yep done that too, waiting for the 3rd replacement set now, not holding my breath for using my mavic for filming any time soon
Awesome glad we could take care of you and work with you to get a set dialed in for your Mavic, we will stay on it and make sure you get what you want :)

Jeff

The ND/PL filters will increase color saturation and improve contrast.

The Straight ND filters will only reduce the shutter speed and not change any color profiles.

It all depends on the look you are going for, I personally use the ND/PL's a lot of the time, but sometimes will use the Straight ND's when I am trying to create a video that is more neutrally toned.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jeff

Thanks

I received my filters this week. They are SO hard to get off.. my ND-16-PL is now completely stuck... Does someone know how to get these things off without completely destroying the ginbal? Not happy at all at this point :(

I received my filters this week. They are SO hard to get off.. my ND-16-PL is now completely stuck... Does someone know how to get these things off without completely destroying the ginbal? Not happy at all at this point :(

Just takes a little practice. I pull back a portion a little at a time and seems to come off just fine. I've also noticed the gimbal lock helps too

It is tough to push them off without finger printing the lense. It has become second nature to carry a microfiber towel with me!

I got it on and off once initially.. now it is somehow completely stuck. I think the gold ring on the lens has shifted and now the filter is completely stuck.
A bit of foam on the inside of the filter would have been so much easier than the metal spring IMO....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev