DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

polarpro cinema series, or rt taco?

Jeff -- thanks for the reply. I find that my filter fits a bit tighter than what your video shows. I almost have to use my nails to catch the edge to pull it off. In general I am able to put it on and take it off, but the force worried me a bit.
Any idea if any small amount of vacuum grease would be appropriate to use on the outside of the camera?
I do love the quality and the picture I'm getting.

You could put a little bit of multi-oil on the inside of the filter, but be very careful not to get it on the lens.

Also try using the pads of your fingers, not your finger-tips :)
As long as you support your gimbal with your left hand, there is minimal force being applied to it.

It does take some getting used to, but if you actually give it a try for awhile it will become second nature.

-Jeff

Reactions: Darkbrood
Reactions: Reverend Greg
Agree with you.
PolarPro, just saw this instructions. What you can say about it?
You are more than welcome to perform this if you would like.
Just remember we don't have replacement trim tabs if you loose one :)
-Jeff

I've always used the PolarPro series on all of my birds (original Phantom 1 with GoPro, P3P and Inspire 1) and have been very happy with the quality and also like the combo Polarizer and ND options. I got the Taco MC set because at the time the Mavic gimbal could not initialize with the PolarPro's on and you had to install after boot up. I know now they have fixed that, and not having them I can't comment on how difficult they are to remove, but honestly I'm not going to buy a set of filters that you have to lube up with oil to easily install and remove them.

I've always used the PolarPro series on all of my birds (original Phantom 1 with GoPro, P3P and Inspire 1) and have been very happy with the quality and also like the combo Polarizer and ND options. I got the Taco MC set because at the time the Mavic gimbal could not initialize with the PolarPro's on and you had to install after boot up. I know now they have fixed that, and not having them I can't comment on how difficult they are to remove, but honestly I'm not going to buy a set of filters that you have to lube up with oil to easily install and remove them.

I mean, its really not THAT hard to install and remove :)

I mean, its really not THAT hard to install and remove :)

I admit it doesn't look difficult at all. Like I said not having them I can't comment on the difficulty and have always used your filters exclusively. Was the filter lubed up in that video?

I admit it doesn't look difficult at all. Like I said not having them I can't comment on the difficulty and have always used your filters exclusively. Was the filter lubed up in that video?
Nope :)
And we appreciate your support of our brand!

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff, Ken (Blade Strike) over on RCG said they're top notch and recommends them and that's good enough for me! ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: PolarPro
Nope :)
And we appreciate your support of our brand!

-Jeff

Jeff I feel like you guys are jerking me around--Your phone is not working/or you are not answering and no voicemail--
You sent me a shipping notice yesterday on my Cinema series Shutter collection via USPS and all it shows today is shipping label created with no movement!!
Is this a stalling tactic to shut me up or what?
I have sent you emails with no response!!
I would really like some answers !!!
Jack Hanoka

Jeff I feel like you guys are jerking me around--Your phone is not working/or you are not answering and no voicemail--
You sent me a shipping notice yesterday on my Cinema series Shutter collection via USPS and all it shows today is shipping label created with no movement!!
Jack Hanoka
Hi Jack,
You can always reach out to me directly: [email protected]
I can tell you that we are extremely busy and our customer service team is actually out in the warehouse packing up everyones orders today. We did print a lot of labels yesterday and are finishing packing them up, so rest assured, your order is in process of shipping. We are just a little slammed, so I do apologize for the extra day of delay in getting back to you,
Jeff

Jack Hanoka
What I can see that PolarPro has great customer service. Day and night if compare with DJI =) So here I can't see any reasons for blame. Take care of you ;)

Reactions: KenPascoe
Want to hop on -- should I be worried about the force required to remove the PolarPro Cinema series filters? It's hard to get a grip on them, I also feel I'm really tugging at the camera/gimbal. How dangerous is this force I'm applying?

That was my main concern when and if I needed to swap different ND values. I pushed the filter all the way to make sure the filter clears the camera initialization routine and it did. Unlike the previous filters from PolarPro, the new ones don't touch and can be left on the lens, but when I tried to remove them for a swap with a different ND value it became quite a struggle. They seem a bit too tight on the lens and they need some serious pulling that puts some stress on the gimbal.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That was my main concern when and if I needed to swap different ND values. I pushed the filter all the way to make sure the filter clears the camera initialization routine and it did. Unlike the previous filters from PolarPro, the new ones don't touch and can be left on the lens, but when I tried to remove them for a swap with a different ND value it became quite a struggle. They seem a bit too tight on the lens and they need some serious pulling that puts some stress on the gimbal.

No stress will be put on the gimbal if you support it with the other hand.
Also, if it does not fit like this, shoot us an email:

Jeff

TACO - RC filters are way better, they are lighter can be used before the Gimbal init and build quality is great. They have multi coated lenses which are great to reduce internal reflections. The transport case is even better and more practical. And the best thing is that they are even cheaper :)

TACO - RC filters are way better, they are lighter can be used before the Gimbal init and build quality is great. They have multi coated lenses which are great to reduce internal reflections. The transport case is even better and more practical. And the best thing is that they are even cheaper :)

I paid the same price for a set of Tacos and the PolarPro set. Both the Tacos and the PolarPro claim to be multi-coated.

The PolarPro are also circular polarizer. The Tacos are not.

Quite frankly, I like the PolarPro feel/built aluminum better than the Tacos plastic.

Jeff from PolarPro is exceptional when it comes to customer service and having good customer service translates always in value added to any product.

@Jeff mine did NOT install as easily as shown in the video. I had to push them and pulling them out was quite an effort. I wish mine had that tolerance as shown in the video. They were really tight. I had to use the gimbal guard/stopper hold with one hand and pull hard with the other hand. Very stressful because of how fragile the gimbal is. If mine worked as shown in the video I would have kept them without any hesitation, but they seemed tighter...

I'll get the landing extensions from PolarPro because I really like the company.

I paid the same price for a set of Tacos and the PolarPro set. Both the Tacos and the PolarPro claim to be multi-coated.

The PolarPro are also circular polarizer. The Tacos are not.

Quite frankly, I like the PolarPro feel/built aluminum better than the Tacos plastic.

Jeff from PolarPro is exceptional when it comes to customer service and having good customer service translates always in value added to any product.

@Jeff mine did NOT install as easily as shown in the video. I had to push them and pulling them out was quite an effort. I wish mine had that tolerance as shown in the video. They were really tight. I had to use the gimbal guard/stopper hold with one hand and pull hard with the other hand. Very stressful because of how fragile the gimbal is. If mine worked as shown in the video I would have kept them without any hesitation, but they seemed tighter...

I'll get the landing extensions from PolarPro because I really like the company.

Tacos are aluminum not plastic :)

I'll check again. It felt like plastic. The PolarPro felt more robust, stiffer and heavier.

I received my Cinema series filters a few days ago and just today decided to try installing and removing them to see what all the fuss is about. I will say that they fit quite snugly and do take a little effort to remove, but I would not call it difficult by any means. I would much rather they be slightly snug than fall off in flight.

I have nothing to compare them to as I never even got to install the original set I had, and I've never tried another brand.

For what it's worth, I have had two short encounters with Polar Pro's customer service and found them to be quite helpful both times. They also seem very responsive on this forum, and that alone makes me want to support them.

Reactions: Doi Nomazi
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki