DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

polarpro cinema series, or rt taco?

Very tough decision. I like the quality of the polarpro filters, but they are a bit heavier and bulkier. (Polarizing seems to add a layer)

problem is, the polarpro install very tight on the camera, not easy to remove after pushing all the way in, while tacos slide in and out without effort.

Otherwise, no filming with either filter for a proper comparison.

Might decide to keep the tacos because of convenient removal and return the polarpro.

Any similar experience(s)?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I use the taco and have great results

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I got the Taco's, because they were cheaper and had just as good reviews as the Polars. Weight is half, but I understand that they probably does not factor into gimbal performance. The filters lend a slightly warmer cast to the recorded images, but easily accounted for in setting or post processing. I got them in a very timely manner, but when emailing them, I got no response. First impressions of customer service are not good. Polar's presence here seems is impressive. I will say that the Taco's are easy to place and easy to remove.

I used both and I didn't liked them, you should buy an enhancing device or a editing device and you can add filters on and personalize them.
Like this comment if you saw it please.
Good luck!!!
Why are you asking for people to like your comment?
I see that you are a DJI employee, how do you feel about DJI filters? Do you not like those either?

Hi Jeff,

Just got my PolarPro set. While they are indeed a very tight fit it's doable, but no where near as easy as the video you posted. It takes some work and I can understand why people are complaining, if I were you guys I wouldn't post that video on how easy it is to remove them because quite honestly it's not at all a fair representation by any means. On another note the app is quite confusing. I downloaded it just to see but there are no instructions and if I were a novice i would have no idea at all how to use it. I've worked professionally in the motion picture industry for over 25 years and understand the law of reciprocity when it comes to choosing how to calculate exposure. That app as far as I can tell doesn't even come close. I'll shoot test with the filters as soon as weather permits but if they are like any of the other PolarPro series I have owned I'm sure they will be great!

Hi Jeff,

Just got my PolarPro set. While they are indeed a very tight fit it's doable, but no where near as easy as the video you posted. It takes some work and I can understand why people are complaining, if I were you guys I wouldn't post that video on how easy it is to remove them because quite honestly it's not at all a fair representation by any means. On another note the app is quite confusing. I downloaded it just to see but there are no instructions and if I were a novice i would have no idea at all how to use it. I've worked professionally in the motion picture industry for over 25 years and understand the law of reciprocity when it comes to choosing how to calculate exposure. That app as far as I can tell doesn't even come close. I'll shoot test with the filters as soon as weather permits but if they are like any of the other PolarPro series I have owned I'm sure they will be great!

Thanks for the order and glad that the filters fit well. The video is representative of the fit of the 5 Mavic's we have here at the office, we do not have any access other than those 5 aircraft to film with. If you want to stop by we would be more than happy to film with yours :)

Regarding the app: Instructions are on the app if you click the ? icon.
Its pretty straight forward....enter camera settings....Hit Calculate....Equals filter needed to hit double frame rate.

I can tell you the app is correct on calculating exposure values. I personally entered in all 5938 variation calculations :)

Jeff

Ok I think I understand. So the app is basically just doing the simple math for you? So you would have no filter on, set the iso and fps and let the camera choose a shutter speed on auto. Enter that shutter speed in the app and it will tell you what filter to use. I apologize, as I can see how that would help a novice that doesn't understand filter factor and reciprocity. As far as the fit, well being that I'm in Northern Wyoming stopping by is not an option. :) But I will shoot a video tomorrow showing what it takes to remove these filters, at least on my Mavic. Better tight than loose I suppose.

Thanks for the great customer service and products.

Ok I think I understand. So the app is basically just doing the simple math for you? So you would have no filter on, set the iso and fps and let the camera choose a shutter speed on auto. Enter that shutter speed in the app and it will tell you what filter to use. I apologize, as I can see how that would help a novice that doesn't understand filter factor and reciprocity. As far as the fit, well being that I'm in Northern Wyoming stopping by is not an option. :) But I will shoot a video tomorrow showing what it takes to remove these filters, at least on my Mavic. Better tight than loose I suppose.
Thanks for the great customer service and products.

Yep! I did the hard math so no one else has to :)

You are very welcome, thank you for being a great customer,

Jeff

Yes. 1/500-250, 125, 60 = 3. That's tough! I'm still not sure how the motion picture world and still image world couldn't agree on the ND value markings. For me it was always N3 (1 stop) N6 (2 stops) N9 (3 stops) N1.2 (4 stops) but here it's 4, 8, 16, 32. True Circular Pola's were always between 1.5-2 stops depending on rotation.

Ahhhhh, a 48 year old man holding on to the past when we shot on FILM!

Reactions: PolarPro
Hey Guys,
Here is a quick video that should help you remove your filters easily.
1. Turn the Mavic over
2. Support the camera with your left hand, and remove the filter with the pads of your fingers.

The Videos captured should be well worth learning the new process:
A few shots I captured while testing these filters:

Jeff

Those videos are sick... I may spring for the cinema series

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the Taco filters is not polarized? Do you who have both Taco and Polypro see any difference while filming water?

They are not polarized...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After watching a few videos and reading reviews, I ordered the Taco RC ND filters. They arrived today. Definitely a quality product for the price, the fit to the camera is perfect. Snug but not too tight. Definitely a must to capture quality videos with this camera being a constant f/2.8.

0ba07708983b46be089482274ddca448.jpg
9a43f59da79de141dcbe87773a75308e.jpg
494488d21f75c15caa878b24330dcb4a.jpg
919adcda397966119976ff45e05e3e72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: mikee1554
For what it's worth, Polar Pro's customer service is outstanding. They are responsive and clearly go out of their way to keep their customers satisfied - a refreshing change from the usual, outsourced nonsense we all get to deal with at times.

Reactions: jamiemink
For what it's worth, Polar Pro's customer service is outstanding. They are responsive and clearly go out of their way to keep their customers satisfied - a refreshing change from the usual, outsourced nonsense we all get to deal with at times.

That is absolutely true and I mentioned before that Jeff's attitude is outstanding.

I wish they found a better in-house solution. Oil, grease, cutting stuff sounds too much like makeshift, on the fly (no pun intended) solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead