DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro Drone Strobe Light

My Drone Adventures

Reactions
I just tested the new PolarPro Drone Strobe light On my MA2 Tonight and I have to say it is nice. I like the design way better then Firehouse’s but I think Firehouse’s is the brighter one.

In pre-dusk light I could easily see it for 1500-2200 feet before I could not tell the difference of it and the cloud in the background.

At sunset the visibility increased, but at the tail end of sunset approach dark the visibility was great. I could see it for far longer then I care to post. Will it really hit the 3-mile claim, I don’t know but it was impressive for such a little strobe.

So far, for me, this is the most interesting strobe I have seen.

attaching it to the bottom like that does it interfere with the sensors?

Thanks for the post and review! It does look like a nice design.

That said, I imagine I'll be sticking with my Firehouse (ARC 2)'s for a long time. The brightness is outstanding, but for me more important is the form factor. Being light/small and being able to put one on each leg to color code front/back and left/right is invaluable.

The Polar Pro design does look good for someone who just want a light to see the drone.

attaching it to the bottom like that does it interfere with the sensors?
I mounted it is three configurations last night for those tests. Once on the back leg facing rear to see if it would be used in more daylight scenarios. It worked great and added an extra 300 feet of clear LOS. (I had darn bright white clouds interfering with the test, so I stopped). I then attached it to the rear facing down for similar reasons. It worked better that way as you had more of a dome coverage. The drawback was how the MA2 sits the underside was too close to the ground and sometimes the ground would turn off the strobe. I then moved it to the front leg in the down position and it was amazing. You could see it for a long,long, ways.
I might try again tonight with it on top and stage someone down to the 3 mile mark and see.

Firehouse has a new Arc V coming out in a couple weeks that looks quite nice, I'm waiting for that to launch for my MA2

The new Firehouse Arc "V" is actually out as of Friday, very low profile and brighter, fits about anywhere. Not a fan of strap mounted strobes they break.....

Attachments

• 20200702_175416.jpg
    20200702_175416.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 55
  • 20200614_102803.jpg
    20200614_102803.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 57
  • 20200702_175232.jpg
    20200702_175232.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 55
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals