DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro Gimbal Lock/Cover Video

Thomas B

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I’ve gotten some PMs lately regarding the PolarPro Gimbal lock. Mostly folks worried about stressing the gimbal suspension.
I had this concern too. Another member made the following video showing it’s application to the M2P. I have used it for over a year without problems, but each to their own. Just info.

I’ve gotten some PMs lately regarding the PolarPro Gimbal lock. Mostly folks worried about stressing the gimbal suspension.
I had this concern too. Another member made the following video showing it’s application to the M2P. I have used it for over a year without problems, but each to their own. Just info.
He keeps saying "That's not a lot of movement". But for me the pressure needed to unlock when pushing on that latch looks to be significant, I would be interested to have it measured, you know what I mean? What part of the gimbal is taking that pressure? Suspension, most likely. Looks to be strong lock, just by the looks of it. I don't use it (I don't have M2P), just saying...

Reactions: RMuntan
I bought this exact gimbal lock from Polar Pro and it definitely wouldn’t fit. I applied way more force that what is shown in the video and it was still almost a 1/4 inch from latching. I contacted Polar Pro and they said I got a defective unit and they would send me a new one. I kept asking how it could be defective and they couldn’t (or wouldn’t) answer. I am still waiting for the replacement (2 weeks now), the delay I assume related to the shutdown.

Must be as lots are shut down. I got mine after Thomas and have used it ever since with no issues whatever.

He keeps saying "That's not a lot of movement". But for me the pressure needed to unlock when pushing on that latch looks to be significant, I would be interested to have it measured, you know what I mean? What part of the gimbal is taking that pressure? Suspension, most likely. Looks to be strong lock, just by the looks of it. I don't use it (I don't have M2P), just saying...
My concerns prepurchase also. Why I posted the video. I pressed on my gimbal like he does in the video and it was very little at 1mm or so. Hard to measure force applied to the gimbal since the force use installing the cover is in the coveJust posted as info. Each M2P owner will have to decide.. no promotion or “selling” intended.
BTW, here’s mine installed.
F0DF9B87-F130-4422-8327-6A6FC210FB93.jpeg

My concerns prepurchase also. Why I posted the video. I pressed on my gimbal like he does in the video and it was very little at 1mm or so. Hard to message force applied to the gimbal since the force use installing the cover is in the coveJust posted as info. Each M2P owner will have to decide.. no promotion or “selling” intended.
BTW, here’s mine installed.
View attachment 98543
Of course, each to their own, I understand that, and if it works, great, if not... Good info, though.

Reactions: Thomas B
Must be as lots are shut down. I got mine after Thomas and have used it ever since with no issues whatever.
I got one too after seeing a thread on these forums. The first time I tried to install it I was very worried about the amount of force I was having to apply. I somehow found the video that the OP attached and then followed those instructions.

The amount of force does not concern me as much as my previous gimbal's allowing camera movement when attached. Time will tell.

It took me a few times before i got used to putting it on but after awhile it's nothing to it. Like you said time will tell . Been using mine since April.2019

Reactions: Thomas B
Having used several gimbal clamps.
The PolarPro is by far my favorite

- robust kind of rubber-like Material. This together with the special spring-like shape is the magic thing
- very Good to attach w/ one hand.
It doesn’t press the gimbal in an in-natural position and doesn’t harm anything
- super robust fixation

The only point of criticism for me is the high price for such a piece of plastic

Having used several gimbal clamps.
The PolarPro is by far my favorite

- robust kind of rubber-like Material. This together with the special spring-like shape is the magic thing
- very Good to attach w/ one hand.
It doesn’t press the gimbal in an in-natural position and doesn’t harm anything
- super robust fixation

The only point of criticism for me is the high price for such a piece of plastic
Agree... typical of PolarPro products in general.

Agree with the price issue but to be fair to PolarPro they do provide a lifetime warrenty on all their products and every item is real quality. I personally use the gimbal cover, retractable legs and the filters.
Me2.... I had a rear PP leg failure and they sent me the whole set without hesitation. Welcome

I love this gimbal cover. It is a really tight fit at first but it loosens up perfectly. I have used the clunky DJI one, a "Sunnylife" one and this one is the best of the three, Overall I am confident in it's ability to hold the gimbal securely, stay on, not scrape up the drone like DJI one does and it is the quickest to take on and off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos