DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal problems

Reactions
When I fly my Dji mini 2, gimbal slightly tilts, sometimes it tilts enough to make video look like a horrible mess (lately there have been 20+ mph winds) so I don’t know if it’s the wind? Even if it is the wind, the gimbal should still be correcting it‘s position. I’ve already tried calibrating it, I’ve also tried manually calibrating it (worked for a few seconds) and then when I turned over to another direction it was tilted again.

Hi Sand_Hanitizer:

This is not normal. I have to ask, have you ever crashed your Mini 2? This would cause what you are describing. There is a flex section (of wires) that connects the gimbal to the controller that could be breaking intermittently that may cause what you are describing. Unless you are good repairing really small things, the only fix is to send it back to DJI (or a repair shop) for repair.

Hi Sand_Hanitizer:

This is not normal. I have to ask, have you ever crashed your Mini 2? This would cause what you are describing. There is a flex section (of wires) that connects the gimbal to the controller that could be breaking intermittently that may cause what you are describing. Unless you are good repairing really small things, the only fix is to send it back to DJI (or a repair shop) for repair.
I haven’t crashed it, I’ll post a picture and a video so you can see.

Hi Sand_Hanitizer:

Also, I only notice this up at 300 feet or so, near the ground it’s perfectly level.

Are you attempting orbit shots in high winds when this tilt occurs? If so then it is a lot more common than you think. I get this issue on both a Air 2 and 2S when the drone has to enter a high bank to maintain course/speed. Almost as if the drone is outrunning the gimbal. Camera works great as long as the drone is not attempting to make tight orbits into a 20 knt wind. The tilt in horizon is easy to correct if you shot in 4K.

Reactions: Sand_Hanitizer
Are you attempting orbit shots in high winds when this tilt occurs? If so then it is a lot more common than you think. I get this issue on both a Air 2 and 2S when the drone has to enter a high bank to maintain course/speed. Almost as if the drone is outrunning the gimbal. Camera works great as long as the drone is not attempting to make tight orbits into a 20 knt wind. The tilt in horizon is easy to correct if you shot in 4K.
I don’t do orbit shots much, but I notice it when the wind is hitting the drone from the side, when I face upwind or face downwind it stops tilting

When I fly my Dji mini 2, gimbal slightly tilts, sometimes it tilts enough to make video look like a horrible mess (lately there have been 20+ mph winds) so I don’t know if it’s the wind? Even if it is the wind, the gimbal should still be correcting it‘s position. I’ve already tried calibrating it, I’ve also tried manually calibrating it (worked for a few seconds) and then when I turned over to another direction it was tilted again.
Happens to my Mini 2 also. I Don't know how to fix but I usually don't take video & I correct the horizon in stills in editing.

Just yesterday I was flying my Mini 2 & got a 'Gimble Overload' warning. Flying it back, the problem resolved itself, some way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3