DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[POLL] Any problems w/WiFi connectivity?

Which of these choices best describe your experience when flying your Mavic Air?

• Fly mostly in rural areas: never experienced signal issues.

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Fly mostly in rural areas: signal issues with less than 10% of my flights.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Fly mostly in rural areas: signal issues with 10-25% of my flights.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Fly mostly in rural areas: signal issues with 26-50% of my flights.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fly mostly in rural areas: signal issues with over 50% of my flights.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Fly mostly in urban areas: never experienced signal issues.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Fly mostly in urban areas: signal issues with less than 10% of my flights.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Fly mostly in urban areas: signal issues with 10-25% of my flights.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Fly mostly in urban areas: signal issues with 26-50% of my flights.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Fly mostly in urban areas: signal issues with over 50% of my flights.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

floyd

Reactions
I know there have been many thread directly or indirectly related to the Mavic Air's controller communicating with the Mavic Air drone. And it seems most folks are not experiencing any (or minimal) issues. But I think it might be helpful to prospective buyers (like myself) to see at a glance where the numbers fall rather than having to search through a lot of threads.

If you own a Mavic Air, please participate in the poll. If you don't own a Mavic Air, please do not participate in the poll. Let's try to keep these numbers as accurate as possible.

I'll let you determine how a "signal issue" is defined (glitchy video playback, fly-away, RTH after signal loss, etc.) It is impossible to summarize the environment you may fly your Mavic Air in ten poll options. So, please, pick the choice closest to the environment where you most often fly.

Thank you!

I had one signal issue where the aircraft disconnected 20ft above my head. Other than that it's been smooth sailing. 3hours flight time so far.

I only use the controller. Only had some connection issues near power lines.

Only nine votes, but 1/3 have had issues with up to 10% of their flights.

In a handful of flights in suburban areas I have yet to have any problems. Then again the furthest I’ve had the little guy away from me is 200 ft.

Need a second part to this poll: using FCC or CE mode due to power differences.

At this point almost 50% of Mavic Air owners have had signal issues. But, given the Air uses "enhanced" WiFi to communicate with the controller/phone/tablet, is this to be expected? Does DJI in any of their literature, advertising, owner's manual, website, etc. publish a disclaimer or notification that connection between the Air and the controller can experience interference and/or signal loss which could cause video glitching, fly-aways, RTH/signal loss, et. al.

In a handful of flights in suburban areas I have yet to have any problems. Then again the furthest I’ve had the little guy away from me is 200 ft.
I'm so nervous to take mine far. The first time I did the asteroid quick shot I was sweating at how high up it went lol

Thank you to those Mavic Air users who took the poll. While I'm sure the Air is an outstanding drone, the poll has convinced me to wait (who knows how long) for the release of the Mavic II. Provided DJI doesn't put a crazy price tag on it, that's the direction I'm going to go.

Thanks again!

Of course it's your choice but I'm curious as to how the poll convinced you to wait. I mean according to the poll a vast majority never had issues

Reactions: Stimmy
Seems so. But there's always going to be someone with issues

That's the thing, most owners dont even bother with these forums because frankly there isn't a need to. They power on and fly without issues.

But on the other hand most people who sign up are here because they need advice for a problem they encountered. And that the demographic that's going to vote on these polls. Others such as myself are enthusiasts. Proud enthusiasts.

Reactions: MavicNoob79
Of course it's your choice but I'm curious as to how the poll convinced you to wait. I mean according to the poll a vast majority never had issues
Guess I read the poll differently. At the time of my writing this, 50% of Air respondents report issues with their connection, with one in ten having an issue with between 26% to 50% of all their flights. As I mentioned previously, nothing man-made is going to be trouble-free. But I was hoping to see numbers that show only 10% or less of owners having issues.

Good point about forums often attracting owners who are experiencing problems or needing advice while the majority of owners use their product, whatever it may be, without issue. Certainly the poll is not scientific, but I think we would all agree it is illuminating.

Guess I read the poll differently. At the time of my writing this, 50% of Air respondents report issues with their connection, with one in ten having an issue with between 26% to 50% of all their flights. As I mentioned previously, nothing man-made is going to be trouble-free. But I was hoping to see numbers that show only 10% or less of owners having issues.

Good point about forums often attracting owners who are experiencing problems or needing advice while the majority of owners use their product, whatever it may be, without issue. Certainly the poll is not scientific, but I think we would all agree it is illuminating.

If you want to interpret the results that way you can. If that means you want to wait to start flying it’s your prerogative. In the meantime there are some very happy Air owners.

I'm flying with a Mavic Pro, but I want a better camera, which the Air is suppose to have. That's why I was in the market for an Air. But all my research brought me to the connectivity concerns.

In my reads a lot of the issues are likely area related, condition related or device related. Fly them with a newest iPhone and watch your readings. No issues. Not even a close call. The newer tech swayed me to the air from a pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure