DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[Poll] Cracked Mavic Pro Gimbal Cover

Did your Mavic Pro gimbal cover crack/break?

• Total voters

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
The gimbal cover seems to be a weak point on the Mavic Pro. Some people found their gimbal cover was cracked and/or broken upon unboxing their brand new Mavic Pro (like in the photo below). Other people found their gimbal cover cracked after using their Mavic Pro for some time.

What has your experience been? Please cast your vote above.

IMG_0887.JPG

The gimbal cover seems to be a weak point on the Mavic Pro. Some people found their gimbal cover was cracked and/or broken upon unboxing their brand new Mavic Pro (like in the photo below). Other people found their gimbal cover cracked after using their Mavic Pro for some time.

What has your experience been?

View attachment 31857
I've had 4 MP total and never experienced that issue.

J

Thanks for weighing in! Make sure you cast your vote above too ;)

Mine broke a couple weeks after purchase. I think getting the Mavic in and out of the bag that came with the fly more package did me in if i remember correctly.

I put away that cover a long time ago, I'm using a sun hood + the supplied rubber cover, it's much better. I'm not gonna worry that it will shatter and eventually damaged the camera.

Last edited:
I have had a Mavic since December 2016 and have not had any issues with the cover.

I flew up into a tree with a gimbal cover modeled after the original that functions like a sunshade. As the photo shows, the weak spot was that back tab. When I found the sunshade, that back tab was gone, sunshade itself seemed to be the mechanism that sheared off the camera and gimbal assembly.

Broke within a week. Bought a new full dome one from amazon for a few bucks works great

Haven't had mine too long but have always been gentle with it after reading about it breaking easily. Good as new. Haven't even removed the rubber from it.

Broke my first on second day 'cause I didn't see that handy little tab on the bottom that you lift up on. So instead I just wripped it off by pulling on the sides, it shattered into tiny pieces :D. My second OEM one has held up awesome with no problems (I do keep the rubber cover on full time). -CF

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_