DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro Gimbal Cover - A Slight Rant

hagman23

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Newly acquired Mavic 3 Pro and have searched to forums for this and haven't found anything. Why does the gimbal cover for the Mavic 3 Pro suck more than the Mavic 3 cover did... I know this is a rhetorical question and probably based on my own opinion, but in the first few uses of this ridiculous GIMP mask, I feel like I am going to scratch the lens cover/filter just putting it on.

Are there any options out there for a 3rd party, safer cover?

Also, can someone please enlighten me, as I am not a technical person, why did they do away with the gimbal locking on shut off? I know the Air2S and Mini 3 Pro don't, but I also don't feel like I am about to let the straps/cinch mechanism of a flimsy cover flap around the front element of my gimbals on those drones. Just seems like they could've done better than this horrible "cover".

Reactions: Kilboar
The over the shoulder boulder holder(aka camera/gimbal protection device?)that came with the M3 was disposed of right out of the box and replaced with a simple plastic nose cone. I’ve not seen the Pro version yet and I’ve not looked to see what aftermarket pieces are available to elevate muscle spasms from attaching camera covers.
Time passes slowly on some of these kinds of issues, but certainly the solution is in the works.

Newly acquired Mavic 3 Pro and have searched to forums for this and haven't found anything. Why does the gimbal cover for the Mavic 3 Pro suck more than the Mavic 3 cover did... I know this is a rhetorical question and probably based on my own opinion, but in the first few uses of this ridiculous GIMP mask, I feel like I am going to scratch the lens cover/filter just putting it on.

Are there any options out there for a 3rd party, safer cover?

Also, can someone please enlighten me, as I am not a technical person, why did they do away with the gimbal locking on shut off? I know the Air2S and Mini 3 Pro don't, but I also don't feel like I am about to let the straps/cinch mechanism of a flimsy cover flap around the front element of my gimbals on those drones. Just seems like they could've done better than this horrible "cover".
I had to watch many videos to figure it out
End of story just be patient and be careful 😆

I had to watch many videos to figure it out
End of story just be patient and be careful 😆
I’m well versed in the gimp cover from the Mavic 3, just would’ve liked something less cheap feeling, never mind the way it “fits” on the gimbal. Just a PITA, lol

I just purchased a new M3P and still waiting for it to come in but hearing this issue of possibly scratching the lens I wonder if we could just sacrifice one of the lens filters to protect the actual camera lens?

Reactions: hagman23
I just purchased a new M3P and still waiting for it to come in but hearing this issue of possibly scratching the lens I wonder if we could just sacrifice one of the lens filters to protect the actual camera lens?
I'm afraid that's going to be the only option until someone prints up or creates something more feasible. I wasn't very worried with my Mac 3, but with the gimbal not locking on shut off, it flops around like a fish out of water.

I don't ever bother with a gimbal cover. IMO, all their designs have been terrible since the Phantom 2. I just put my drone in a case and haven't had an issue in 10 years with a dozen different drones and 1,000s and 1,000s of flights.

I don't ever bother with a gimbal cover. IMO, all their designs have been terrible since the Phantom 2. I just put my drone in a case and haven't had an issue in 10 years with a dozen different drones and 1,000s and 1,000s of flights.
Maybe, but I put mine in my camera bag a lot along with other cameras and gear, so having that gimbal cover to protect it is rather important for my use. The gimp cover is better than nothing, but only slightly. I just ordered a case from Amazon that looks good and a bit less than the GPC one.

I’m hoping someone will be able to design and 3D print something to sell.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121