DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Has your Mavic fallen from the sky for unknown reasons?

Has you Mavic ever "fallen from the sky?"

• My Mavic was made before March 2017 and has never fallen from the sky.

• My Mavic was made during or after March 2017 and has never fallen from the sky.

• My Mavic was made BEFORE March 2017 and HAS fallen from the sky for unknown reasons.

• My Mavic was made DURING March 2017 and HAS fallen from the sky for unknown reasons

Results are only viewable after voting.
No issues, other than one pilot error crash. Had DJI insurance, and was replaced with new Mavic. I've flown ~100 batteries.

Reactions: Former Member
Is that like a gumdrop?
Do those fly more stable with a light up 600g ghost hanging from them? :D

IMG_4070.jpg

Only 1 minor crash so far due to pilot error, hit a tree, one prop replaced

Last edited:
Had issues a few times almost losing it in ATTI. Thing fights a lot when it goes back and forth from GPS.

Most issues since ownership have been with the crappy GO4 app which imo sucks. DJI very slow to remedy the app issues. For one, it's too **** big and too encompassing. Just about every person in the community drone club here that I joined flying DJI products have said the same. DJI needs to have different apps for different products. Maybe 2. Pro versions and consumer versions.

DJI in bed with Apple is another bad issue. They have f'd the android app up and not fixed it for months. That left a lot of people pissed off. Many saying WHY should I have to buy new mobile devices or phones to operate ONE app. All other apps on my phone or tablets are fine. Some bought the Mini4's even after me warning them that device is also a weakling performance wise. They added some update and then MIni4's started having problems. Not all, but quite a few here anyway. It's just nonsense that the products made are good but they have an app that sucks so bad.

Many have realized never update if your product is working. Then if you don't you get the stupid annoying Firmware update required message all the time now. Some other crap they added in the last update. Guys that don't have the latest MP2's don't want to update, and apparently that is what the update is for. Others say if you update, DJI put an anti rollback code in the system. I know I used to get all the way back to 0100 fw, and now it's gone. 0300-0400 is all that is posted. That leaves having to mod the unit for rollbacks.

Worse thing is DJI is ending it's product support for MP1, so why are they f'ing with it so you can't roll back? Company to me is too invasive. Others have experienced similar, got sick and tired of DJI ruining the app, forcing them to buy other devices to use that app, and have instead switched to Autel. Perhaps Autel will release their next line soon. Paying nearly 2 grand for a MP2 FMC is stupid expensive, plus there is NO workaround for the lens distortion. 3 guys here in our drone club sent their MP2's back when they learned of the lens problem. They were like "If I wanted a damned GoPro fisheye curve I'd have attached a GoPro. $1800+ for a MP2 to have that problem is ludicrous. Just like many loyal fans though they make excuses for DJI, while blasting the hell out of other brands. Autel had the horizon issue and most were like "I'd never buy from that co" yada yada.. here is MP2 with many issues and they go "you can fix that in post"

lmao

Had issues a few times almost losing it in ATTI. Thing fights a lot when it goes back and forth from GPS.

Most issues since ownership have been with the crappy GO4 app which imo sucks. DJI very slow to remedy the app issues. For one, it's too **** big and too encompassing. Just about every person in the community drone club here that I joined flying DJI products have said the same. DJI needs to have different apps for different products. Maybe 2. Pro versions and consumer versions.

DJI in bed with Apple is another bad issue. They have f'd the android app up and not fixed it for months. That left a lot of people pissed off. Many saying WHY should I have to buy new mobile devices or phones to operate ONE app. All other apps on my phone or tablets are fine. Some bought the Mini4's even after me warning them that device is also a weakling performance wise. They added some update and then MIni4's started having problems. Not all, but quite a few here anyway. It's just nonsense that the products made are good but they have an app that sucks so bad.

Many have realized never update if your product is working. Then if you don't you get the stupid annoying Firmware update required message all the time now. Some other crap they added in the last update. Guys that don't have the latest MP2's don't want to update, and apparently that is what the update is for. Others say if you update, DJI put an anti rollback code in the system. I know I used to get all the way back to 0100 fw, and now it's gone. 0300-0400 is all that is posted. That leaves having to mod the unit for rollbacks.

Worse thing is DJI is ending it's product support for MP1, so why are they f'ing with it so you can't roll back? Company to me is too invasive. Others have experienced similar, got sick and tired of DJI ruining the app, forcing them to buy other devices to use that app, and have instead switched to Autel. Perhaps Autel will release their next line soon. Paying nearly 2 grand for a MP2 FMC is stupid expensive, plus there is NO workaround for the lens distortion. 3 guys here in our drone club sent their MP2's back when they learned of the lens problem. They were like "If I wanted a damned GoPro fisheye curve I'd have attached a GoPro. $1800+ for a MP2 to have that problem is ludicrous. Just like many loyal fans though they make excuses for DJI, while blasting the **** out of other brands. Autel had the horizon issue and most were like "I'd never buy from that co" yada yada.. here is MP2 with many issues and they go "you can fix that in post"

lmao

I think your points are valid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21