DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Has your recording stopped + gimbal reset mid-flight?

Has you camera stopped recording and gimbal reset during flight?

• No it has never happened to me.

• Yes it has happened, but it was caused by my user settings or SD card.

• Yes it has happened but only rarely.

• Yes it has happened and continues to happen. Help me!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can I ask some questions?

How many total flights do you have?
Has this ever happened before?
Are you on the latest firmware? If so, did this happen on the first flight after you upgraded?

I hate to say it, but DJI's answer is not what I would want them to tell me. DJI insists and sometimes requires us to use the latest firmware due to added safety features and functions. Not sure the person was giving you very good advice. At DJI, you can call 10 times and get 10 different answers. The 10th person you speak to will usually tell you to send it in for repair :)

I just noticed something weird too.. A lot of flight records are missing.

This worries me because when I live in AZ but frequently go to Mexico to visit my wife's family and I fly way beyond VLOS.. I won't be doing this bug is worked out.

I had one that was constantly doing the gimbal reset so I just got used to it. Everything else works as it should so you should be ok to fly long distances. If the reset does happen, just hover till the reset is over and then continue flying.

I had one that was constantly doing the gimbal reset so I just got used to it. Everything else works as it should so you should be ok to fly long distances. If the reset does happen, just hover till the reset is over and then continue flying.

When it did it on mine it did not save the video... that sucks

Had this happen a few months ago when I switched to a 64gb card. Hasn't been an problem after going back to a 32gb. Im on .700 btw.

Last edited:
Is your SD card full? Are you shooting in 4k? Try lowering the resolution and do a few flights and see what happens.

I tried re flashing the firmware, put in the original SD card and it did it again on the first flight. Landed, calibrated the gimbal and everything was great the next 5 flights. I would fly around, land, turn AC off and back on then take flight. I will start doing a screen record and try again tomorrow. The SD card was empty and I was shooting in 1080. The next step, I will downgrade firmware if it does it again and I will do some tests but I have a theory... Usually I use a google pixel to pilot with but when this was happening I was using my drone phone. It has better specs than the Wunderphone, I just rooted it and installed a custom rom so I have like 8GB free space on the phone now. I am trying to eliminate the video cache problem. Maybe this is part of it.. I think for those that have had the issue, we should also find out what device they use? I don't see how the phone could cause it but try to eliminate everything when trouble shooting.

Still say it again. It's an hardware issue. most likely the cable. I returned a Mavic that was doing that **** all the time, for a new one. The new one works fine, with same phone / settings / mem cards, where as the old one did NOT.

i LITTERALLY REPLACED everything in the gimbal, camera, cables, circuit board and couldn't stop the rebooting! That is, until I downgraded, then reflashed the firmware and wah-lah! No more gimbal reboot!

It’s been a problem since day one some do it more than others pretty freaky if not used to it..

i LITTERALLY REPLACED everything in the gimbal, camera, cables, circuit board and couldn't stop the rebooting! That is, until I downgraded, then reflashed the firmware and wah-lah! No more gimbal reboot!
Update: I have this exact problem on another M1P. I have done all the suggested fixes with no improvement, including reflashing the firmware (above). The ONLY thing that actually fixes the problem is replacing the CORE BOARD! It's an expensive fix, but it's the only permanent one I could find.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan