Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: IOS or Android?

Which operating system are you using?

• IOS

• Android

• I use both depending on how I feel

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm an Android guy, but kept getting jumpy video while flying. So I purchased an iPhone 7+ dedicated to the Mavic only. Haven't had an issue since. Rock solid, about 40 flights.

Like others, and DJI have said, the app is based around iOS.

I went with a iPhone 7 + just to "avoid" the crashes I have read about,and never had a crash yet. I also tried my
iPad Air 2 and no problems with it either (other than the size of it). Like a big screen TV but way to "bulky" for me. I also use a shaded top lawn chair to fly with the MP. Never had a problem with seeing any screen,plus it's more relaxing to fly sitting down.Kelsyus Premium Portable Camping Folding Lawn Chair with Canopy, Blue | 80185 | eBay

Last edited:
I use a IPad Mini 4 also. It does get hot so make sure it not in a case and it will work fine with no issues.

I mostly use Android as I bought Mate 8 only for the purpose of the controller instead of my IPhone 6+ which I use as my personal phone. I might use IOS when I connect my ipad but that is all

After trying several Android devices and phones and after getting sick off app crashes EVERY flight I bought a secondhand Ipad mini 2 and it works perfectly, no crashes and the bigger screen is much easier to use and see what the Mavic is seeing.

two of the four Android devices I tried had seriously garbled video which made them unusable. One was a Samsung Tab S and the other was a Samsung Tab E. My Note 4 works and my wifes Tab A work.

I bought a mini 4 and it works perfectly, and I'm sticking with it for a drone app.

I hate giving more money to Apple, but I have to use what works.

Currently using Android but also have a new iPad pro

iphone 7 plus
but still missing the tracking mode on it...

Android for me, but I do hate the crashes. Every time the app crashed I lose the first part of my cached video. I also use litchi and unfortunately it doesn't cached video that I can see, but it's much more stable...

Reactions: hjmavic
I use iOS devices exclusively and have never had a problem with the DJIGo app. That said, what are the advantages of going Litchi? I'm reading the info on their site but don't see what it does better than the DJI app.

After trying several Android devices and phones and after getting sick off app crashes EVERY flight I bought a secondhand Ipad mini 2 and it works perfectly, no crashes and the bigger screen is much easier to use and see what the Mavic is seeing.
Does the iPad Mini 2 lag at all? We have one the Kids use but I was afraid it might be too slow.

Well my Iconia One came in (only took two days). Hooked it up and it updated the firmware and made a connection to the Mavic with no issues. Can't fly yet (weather sucks) but will update after I do. Looks like it should be good to go. BWT, I think it's a perfect fit in the controller. It would NEVER fall out.

Finally got a chance to fly with the Iconia One 7". Worked perfectly...flew through two batteries with no major issues. I did notice some very brief lag (couple times) with fast camera pans but mostly it was perfect. Not bad for a $90 tablet. I will be flying with it vs my phone (which I also had no issues with...Samsung S7 Edge) going forward.

I think I know the answer, but wondering which is more popular... click the button above to vote.
I wanted to use Android. I have tried three various devices - all of them listed as supported and supposed to work without any problems and/or limitations. Lags, hangs, crashes since the day one. I always spent half the in-air time restarting the app. The quality of the Android version costed me extra money. I had to buy an iPad within a week after purchasing the Mavic. I haven't had any single problem since then. Thank you DJI, you owe me a lot of money.

Tried using my Galaxy S8 when I first bought my Mavic but got tired of crashing twice during every battery. I have since bought an iPad Wi-Fi 128GB and have only crashed once in about 10+ hours of flights.

I have never tried Ipad Mini but there several thread about it overheating and shutting down is it true?
On several flights noticed mini iPad hot, but the usual is just warm. No know issues due to heat. Unsure flight conditions when iPad mini was hot. I now keep around 3 Mb. free space, clear all open apps and usually reboot before my first flight. Being an X PC guy, building, over clocking and tinkering, gave up my PC room and equipment for an iPad. Never learning about Apple systems,

I had to buy an iPad within a week after purchasing the Mavic. I haven't had any single problem since then. Thank you DJI, you owe me a lot of money.

Or you could have a bought a far cheaper android device that would also work perfectly. You just made a stupid consumer choice. Thats not DJIs fault.

Reactions: Astropin
Or you could have a bought a far cheaper android device that would also work perfectly. You just made a stupid consumer choice. Thats not DJIs fault.

Too bad DJI's app is garbage on Android devices.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard