Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: IOS or Android?

Which operating system are you using?

• IOS

• Android

• I use both depending on how I feel

Results are only viewable after voting.
Too bad DJI's app is garbage on Android devices.

Other than all the android devices where it works perfectly without lag or crashing you mean?
The fault lies more with people buying butchered android OS based devices such as Samsung and so on more than it does with the app.
Crystal Sky doesnt crash - guess what? That uses Android and the android app.
The mavic itself runs on Kitkat Android internally.

Reactions: Astropin and Z953
Too bad DJI's app is garbage on Android devices.

That is sooo untrue I don't even know where to start. PLENTY of Android devices work PERFECTLY. But...you do need to do a little homework and find out which ones have been shown to work and which ones don't. Yes iOS is more consistent across the board (but there are also way fewer versions). With 30 minutes of research you could save yourself hundreds and get an Android device with no issues.

Reactions: Clinton1
No problems with my Android Turbo since getting the Mavic in January . I purchased a 64Gb iPad mini4 cellular in July to have a dedicated device but the app crashed the first flight . I just sold it on Ebay and back to my Droid Turbo . Sorta like I treat my firearms , if it jams for no apparent reason it's gone .

Other than all the android devices where it works perfectly without lag or crashing you mean?
The fault lies more with people buying butchered android OS based devices such as Samsung and so on more than it does with the app.
Crystal Sky doesnt crash - guess what? That uses Android and the android app.
The mavic itself runs on Kitkat Android internally.

Of course where DJI have configuration control over the OS load and hardware in the drone, that will be stable. Same for Crystal Sky.

But since there are so many Android platforms and OS variants you can't expect DJI to correctly put in exceptions for all them. It's geometric progression in untestability.

GO on iOS is stable for a simple reason: well known, narrow scope of hardware and software.

Go is stable on *android* for the same reason. Unfortunately a lot of people dont buy Android - they buy samsungs horrific, butchered mess of an OS or someone elses and thats where the problem lies.
Ive not seen any problems on nexus or pixel devices (especially those run in a factory state without use added bloatware apps).

Go is stable on *android* for the same reason. Unfortunately a lot of people dont buy Android - they buy samsungs horrific, butchered mess of an OS or someone elses and thats where the problem lies.
Ive not seen any problems on nexus or pixel devices (especially those run in a factory state without use added bloatware apps).
A lot of people? Most people buy, as you say, butchered Android devices. In fact, here in the US Samsung rules. The Google devices are a small minority. I do get your point though.

I owned an iPad Mini 4 before I bought the Mavic.
After buying the Mavic, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T710) specifically for the Mavic.

Samsung S2 is much better than the iPad Mini 4.
And if you sideload the DJI Go app ;), then it is SO MUCH BETTER than the iPad Mini 4.

I owned an iPad Mini 4 before I bought the Mavic.
After buying the Mavic, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T710) specifically for the Mavic.

Samsung S2 is much better than the iPad Mini 4.
And if you sideload the DJI Go app ;), then it is SO MUCH BETTER than the iPad Mini 4.
Indeed, with Android you now have a lot of interesting options.
I've been using a version of the app I recompiled myself with none of the social media add-ons (I never even looked at) and it's rock solid.
It also doesn't bug you about updates every other time you use it - life is good.

Reactions: namja
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa