DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[Poll] What is your Part 107 status?

What's your Part 107 status?

• Don't have it. Don't want it.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Don't have it. Undecided about getting it.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Don't have it. Definitely getting it.

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Have it for full-time professional/commercial reasons.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Have it for part-time commercial jobs.

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Have it. Wanted to enhance my appreciation for the hobby.

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
I did the test January 17 and it’s already almost March should it take this long? I got my temp I would like the hard copy already
As far as I know my background check and the address is good if it gets rejected I’m going to be disappointed with the FAA I took the test 3 times on the second try I should of sent it in to be re-evaluated I looked at the group of answers that marked wrong and felt like I got them right.

The test is not hard for me it’s just nerves it takes me a few shots to get it right
Yes, you should expect it to take 60 days to get the hard card.

Sorry if this is not the best place to ask, just seemed like there were enough knowledgable people here that I may get a good answer.

I'm currently waiting on my Mavick Pro to be delivered. I called the number provided on the FAA's website yesterday to inquire as the best way to register when I get the drone. I do intend to use it for some commercial application however I haven't taken my test yet. The person I spoke with told me I should still register under part 107 and that I could fly under that prior to taking the test as long as I was not flying for profit. Can anyone advise if this is correct, if not how do I fly now legally and then what steps do I need to do after I take the test?

Thanks!!

I did the test January 17 and it’s already almost March should it take this long?
According to this link: Airmen Certification they are processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately January 15, 2018, so sounds like it should be soon for you. Few more weeks maybe?

Sorry if this is not the best place to ask, just seemed like there were enough knowledgable people here that I may get a good answer.

I'm currently waiting on my Mavick Pro to be delivered. I called the number provided on the FAA's website yesterday to inquire as the best way to register when I get the drone. I do intend to use it for some commercial application however I haven't taken my test yet. The person I spoke with told me I should still register under part 107 and that I could fly under that prior to taking the test as long as I was not flying for profit. Can anyone advise if this is correct, if not how do I fly now legally and then what steps do I need to do after I take the test?

Thanks!!
As I understand it, you either fly under 107 completely (with all the rules applying to you, including having obtained a remote pilot certificate from the FAA), or you fly under section 336 completely (with all those rules applying to you). You cannot mix and match. Regardless, if you're not flying for profit, there is very little reason to not fly under 336 which is generally less restrictive aside from airport notification. At the end of the day, if something happened (aircraft fell out of the sky, struck a moving car, causing an accident), proper registration is likely going to be a question. Personally I'd just register under 336 until you get your remote certificate.

As I understand it, you either fly under 107 completely (with all the rules applying to you, including having obtained a remote pilot certificate from the FAA), or you fly under section 336 completely (with all those rules applying to you). You cannot mix and match. Regardless, if you're not flying for profit, there is very little reason to not fly under 336 which is generally less restrictive aside from airport notification. At the end of the day, if something happened (aircraft fell out of the sky, struck a moving car, causing an accident), proper registration is likely going to be a question. Personally I'd just register under 336 until you get your remote certificate.
Ok and then once I have obtained the license I can just go back and register it under the part 107. Makes sense! Much appreciated!

It would be of a great help if one of you who have passed the certification pen down the procedure to get the drone license. I am a newbee and just picked a Drone a month ago. I am looking foward for a license and not sure of the the right approach as there are many institutions around. Thanks in advance.

It would be of a great help if one of you who have passed the certification pen down the procedure to get the drone license. I am a newbee and just picked a Drone a month ago. I am looking foward for a license and not sure of the the right approach as there are many institutions around. Thanks in advance.

It was pretty simple: (1) study until you know the material inside and out, (2) find a nearby testing center, (3) schedule/pay for your test, and (4) go for it! There's a little bit of FAA registration that you have to do. Here is a more detailed explanation of how to go about getting it: Ultimate Drone License Guide from Lawyer&Commercial Pilot (2018)

There are tons of great resources available online for free. You don't need to pay for a study course (I passed with a 93% using just free material online). This video from Northrup was my favorite resource, but there are other great resources like this at-a-glance "cheat sheet", and these practice tests.

Good luck! It's a great thing to do. After studying for and passing my test, I feel significantly more confident about flying having a better understanding of aviation in general, how my drone fits into it all, and how to stay safe and legal.

Reactions: Photoxperts
It was pretty simple: (1) study until you know the material inside and out, (2) find a nearby testing center, (3) schedule/pay for your test, and (4) go for it! There's a little bit of FAA registration that you have to do. Here is a more detailed explanation of how to go about getting it: Ultimate Drone License Guide from Lawyer&Commercial Pilot (2018)

There are tons of great resources available online for free. You don't need to pay for a study course (I passed with a 93% using just free material online). This video from Northrup was my favorite resource, but there are other great resources like this at-a-glance "cheat sheet", and these practice tests.

Good luck! It's a great thing to do. After studying for and passing my test, I feel significantly more confident about flying having a better understanding of aviation in general, how my drone fits into it all, and how to stay safe and legal.

Thanks a bunch. That was helpful!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi