DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Pololu Valley Hawaii

Well done! You didn't find the wind too strong for the Mini 2 along the shores/cliffs in Hawaii? I am considering taking mine, but was concerned about its effectiveness. Thanks!

Very nice. Look forward to the next videos. Wife and I lived on Oahu in ‘68/9 but were too young (16yrs old) and poor to visit the others. Still married and hoping to return to see Maui and Big islands. But not camping ?

Nicely done. A few years ago we took a helicopter ride over the Big Island and as we were coming up the Kohala Coast, we flew into a canyon that looked a lot like that. We went all the way to the end where there was a beautiful waterfall. Good job and looking for more.

Well done! You didn't find the wind too strong for the Mini 2 along the shores/cliffs in Hawaii? I am considering taking mine, but was concerned about its effectiveness. Thanks!
Thanks everyone. Yes, the winds are definitely an issue in Hawaii. Morning are usually OK as the winds tend to pick up during the day. Mini 2 seems OK up to around 20mph. South Point is another matter entirely, winds blow out to sea there constantly and I was down to around 7 mph trying to get back. Be sure to have 100% battery and check your ground speed often and lower altitude and you should be OK.

Nicely done. A few years ago we took a helicopter ride over the Big Island and as we were coming up the Kohala Coast, we flew into a canyon that looked a lot like that. We went all the way to the end where there was a beautiful waterfall. Good job and looking for more.
Yeah, Kohala Coast is awesome, we camped on the beach there. Your Helicopter ride was probably at Waipio Bay 6 miles east of here. We hiked it 2 days after Pololu and I'll post video as soon as I can edit it. Waipio is even more impressive and I got some good video of the Waterfall back up the canyon. Normally you have to hike way back into the canyon to see it so the Mini 2 came in handy. Just posted another video on the 2018 Volcanic eruption lava flow, that was one of the highlights for me.

We spent 10 days camping on the Big Island. This is one of our first hikes on day 2, so many things to see and do. Droned most everything so I'll post more as I edit them.
Great flying, loved the video. I love flying over the ocean here in Florida at just that height. At that altitude you'll never have a problem although my M2Z can take a little more wind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400