DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor battery life

Litewerx

Reactions
I am not sure what is up with my Mavic 2 Pro. My brother is getting 30 minutes of flight time and I have never been able to get more that 22 minutes with a 21 minute average. Any suggestions? Had the bird since July with each battery having less than 20 flights. Thanks

30 minutes? Is your brother flying until the battery is depleted? 21 mins is kinda the average if you land at around 30%.

Reactions: PAW
I am not sure what is up with my Mavic 2 Pro. My brother is getting 30 minutes of flight time and I have never been able to get more that 22 minutes with a 21 minute average. Any suggestions? Had the bird since July with each battery having less than 20 flights. Thanks
How many charging cycles on the batterries? If they are relatively new, the time will improve after so many cycles. I have notice this with my Mavic Air batterries. My MP2 batterries with 4 cycles on them so far, let me flying around 20-24 minutes with 25% charge left on landing. You have to also remember that other factors like temperature, wind, and the way you fly will will have effect on the flight time. DJI stated in the manual that the forward flying is the most efficient way and it will be longer than hovering.

How many charging cycles on the batteries? If they are relatively new, the time will improve after so many cycles. I have notice this with my Mavic Air batteries. My MP2 batteries with 4 cycles on them so far, let me flying around 20-24 minutes with 25% charge left on landing. You have to also remember that other factors like temperature, wind, and the way you fly will will have effect on the flight time. DJI stated in the manual that the forward flying is the most efficient way and it will be longer than hovering.
Thank you, Latawiec. Each has about 20 cycles. I land as soon after the low battery warning signal and that is why I average 22 minutes. I will have to look but I probably have 25% remaining too. I expected more since I get 11 -14 on a16 minute battery with the Spark. 22 isn't much of an improvement. Thanks again.

Last edited:
You get 14-16 mins for the spark? The manual quotes 16mins, which i assume it's 100% usage. I get around 11mins for my Spark, again landing at 30%. But flight time is getting less, since my Spark batteries are almost 2 years old.
M2P manual says 25 mins with 15% battery left. Quoted max hovering time is 29mins no wind, again I take that as 100% usage.

You get 14-16 mins for the spark? The manual quotes 16mins, which i assume it's 100% usage. I get around 11mins for my Spark, again landing at 30%. But flight time is getting less, since my Spark batteries are almost 2 years old.
M2P manual says 25 mins with 15% battery left. Quoted max hovering time is 29mins no wind, again I take that as 100% usage.
My bad, sorry- 11- 14 on a 16 minute battery. Mine is getting less too but I don't fly it everyday, any more either.

there is no hard and fast battery life ,the quoted times are not real world times they are just what could be achieved in perfect conditions.
my MPP with batteries at about 37 charges will give me between 18 to 20 mins of video with 40% battery left which i find is great but this figure will change depending on weather conditions during the flight and how high i am flying as well as wind speed which varies with altitude.

its somewhat similar to quoted fuel consumption in vehicles it all down to how its driven , one other thing that has a big affect on lipos is temperature whether it be very hot or very cold

Double. Lol
Thank you, Latawiec. Each has about 20 cycles. I land as soon after the low battery warning signal and that is why I average 22 minutes. I will have to look but I probably have 25% remaining too. I expected more since I get 11 -14 on a16 minute battery with the Spark. 22 isn't much of an improvement. Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samdesign