DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Life - Poor?

cryptowhale123

Reactions
I have had my Mini 4 Pro for one week now and I must admit I am quite disappointed by the battery life. I am getting at most 20 minutes flight time. Having a look back through my previous flights they mostly range from 17-20 minutes. Based in the UK so I am using the normal battery. Also using the FCC hack but I can't imagine that uses much if any additional power? Has anyone else experienced this? I'd like to know if there is anywhere I can order and have delivered to the UK the Plus battery?

Reactions: GFields
Now I don't know anything about your expectation or how or where you fly, but here what's stated in the specs concerning MAX flight time... have highlighted the flight circumstances where you could get those 34min.

Use of Sport mode & flights in windy conditions (meaning outside) will drain the battery much faster than in DJI's controlled environment. Furthermore I imagine that you don't fly the batteries all the way down to 0%.

1697123759367.png

I have had my Mini 4 Pro for one week now and I must admit I am quite disappointed by the battery life. I am getting at most 20 minutes flight time. Having a look back through my previous flights they mostly range from 17-20 minutes. Based in the UK so I am using the normal battery. Also using the FCC hack but I can't imagine that uses much if any additional power? Has anyone else experienced this? I'd like to know if there is anywhere I can order and have delivered to the UK the Plus battery?
Range and battery life: drone manufacturers' big lies.

Here's a 46 minute rated Mavic 3 hitting 2% battery at 37 minutes, so sadly, you are not alone. Note how delighted the reviewer is that he got 37 minutes in spite of the claimed 46. That tells you something. Order the bigger battery from the USA (Amazon? I know it works going the other way, UK->USA. ) and write "249 grams" on it with a pen so you feel better. At least in the Mini 3 Pro, the extended battery will give you close to 40 minutes in ideal circumstances.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I think that's a bit exaggerated. Are you saying DJI is lying about the time in flight under the controlled conditions they specify?

I'm no defender of DJI, per se, but what would you have them spec instead? What sort of alternative circumstances to measure battery capacity? And how would this number be better?

I think it goes without argument that DJI needs to spec max flight time. It allows for useful comparisons between models. This is only possible if the measurement and conditions are easily repeatable.

If you're going to measure something, seems the maximum possible flight time is an obvious choice. Doesn't mean it's operationally useful. But that doesn't mean it's a lie, or not useful in other ways.

Here's a 46 minute rated Mavic 3 hitting 2% battery at 37 minutes, so sadly, you are not alone. Note how delighted the reviewer is that he got 37 minutes in spite of the claimed 46. That tells you something. Order the bigger battery from the USA (Amazon? I know it works going the other way, UK->USA. ) and write "249 grams" on it with a pen so you feel better. At least in the Mini 3 Pro, the extended battery will give you close to 40 minutes in ideal circumstances.

A hover isn’t really the most efficient method of flight. DJI says:
Measured in a controlled test environment. Specific test conditions are as follows: flying forward at a constant speed of 21.6 kph in a windless laboratory environment at 20 meters above sea level, in photo mode (without photo taking operation during flight), with Obstacle Avoidance Action set to Off, and from 100% battery level until 0%. Results may vary depending on the environment, actual use, and firmware version.
DJI Mini 4 Pro - Specs - DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne