DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor Design On Remote For Mavic 2 Zoom Has Me FURIOUS and Now DJi Wants $200

Another reason My wife has an Iphone. Plug works both ways :D She cannot figure out any form of USB plugs, and she has trouble with keys and locks too, If any key fits in the hole, she would use tools to try and make that key turn! :D

Reactions: ff22
I'm confused about why there is so much discussion about the micro USB port on the controller. Isn't it the exact same setup as on the Mavic 1?

Part of the issue might be that the drone (AC) uses the Micro-C and it would have been both convenient and simplified if the controller used the same usb part.

Yes, it is. But some people have to have something to complain about.

Here's how microUSB works: The USB icon on the plug faces up. If you try to insert the plug and there's resistance don't force it.

There, I just kept you from breaking your controller.

I don't think it's particularly hard to insert it the right way on the controller because both the charger and connector that goes to your phone are "directional," meaning the cord comes out at a 90 degree angle. That make it easy to remember that the cord should go in so that it goes down the side of the remote. This is especially obvious with cord that goes to your phone, so you can easily just remember to plug the charger cord in the same way. What am I missing?
Also, if you really want to be careful, you can just look at the socket and the plug and see which way it should go.

Part of the issue might be that the drone (AC) uses the Micro-C and it would have been both convenient and simplified if the controller used the same usb part.
Yeah, I was surprised by that as well. When I first saw the USB-C cord in the box (and I didn't notice the Micro-USB cord on the side of the power brick), I assumed they had switched to USB-C. I guess they just kept everything the same on the controller from the Mavic 1, probably for cost-savings.

Re magnetic adapter mscenerd, do you have to unplug the magnetic connector to use the large usb ?

No. You can leave it in place. I got the advice from 51 drones and bought one. They are so good I bought one for all my devices, they are cheaper than original cables and work as just as well.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom