DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor Picture Quality

Reactions
Hi everyone!

I just got myself the Mavic before heading to Europe. But I lost much footage like this.

Any idea why? Settings issue? Am doing something else wrong?

Really appreciate any help you could provide.

Looks fine to me for 480p. Did you want it to be such low quality (480p) instead of 2.7k or even 4k?

Yeah, resolution is way too low. Is this from the cache in the Go app or from the memory card in the drone?

We can't tell us whether you have settings issues unless you tell us what setting you were using.

Fantastic video even at 480...
As said, its a settings problem, Mavic can not record at such low res Video, even cached video is 720.
you need to pull it direct from the SD card, youtube should recognise if its HD, ect.

Yeah, resolution is way too low. Is this from the cache in the Go app or from the memory card in the drone?

We can't tell us whether you have settings issues unless you tell us what setting you were using.

Hi Mr Salty,

Thanks for the quick response!

This is from the SD card and not footage from my phone. This was in the first week of getting it, and so I was trying out different settings. But the lowest resolution I would select is 1080p, 24 FPS. Also, only played with Style (-1, 0, -1), and Colour (D-Log). However, correct me if I am wrong, even before adding any LUT, video should still have high resolution but perhaps not good colour.

These are some other footage that you can tell when there is a lot of 'noise' around the buildings. It is very obvious even at 1080p, on full screen.
@1:34
@2:13
@2:28

Josh

Nice....very nice video...

So many people choose the wrong music for the wrong shot.
You nailed that one

Try style +1 0 0. -1 looks very mushy. And use 4K or 2.7K instead of HD.

Use DLOG only if you plan to use a LUT in post, which you obviously have.

BTW - the "bad video" you included with your first post is stunning. I hope I can make a bad video like that one in the next year!!

BTW - the "bad video" you included with your first post is stunning. I hope I can make a bad video like that one in the next year!!

You are too kind. It probably looked decent because of the location. Would have looked much better, i think, if quality was better. And with the right scene, I'm sure you'd get your shot soon enough!

It's not a "bad video". It's a bad quality video. 480p just doesn't do it when 4k is an option.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98