DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor Signal?

Mavic-Fuli

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I haven't been on here in a while and haven't really been flying. I did go out the other day and was flying and have noticed a few times that my MP2 would get poor signal and the image on my phone with be all choppy and blurred. It makes me nervous. It usually happens at like 500-100 metes. Why does this happen? Is there anything I can do to strengthen the signal so I don't loose my drone?

Thanks.

What's your altitude, and is there anything between the RC and AC? Anything between LOS of RC and AC will attenuate the signal.

Populated areas will congest the 2.4 and 5Ghz bands.

Be sure the two RC antennas are parallel and their flat side perpendicular to the line from it to the AC. The tips should not point at the AC.

Hi Guys,

I haven't been on here in a while and haven't really been flying. I did go out the other day and was flying and have noticed a few times that my MP2 would get poor signal and the image on my phone with be all choppy and blurred. It makes me nervous. It usually happens at like 500-100 metes. Why does this happen? Is there anything I can do to strengthen the signal so I don't loose my drone?

Thanks.
You can significantly improve signal with an external amplifier. Requires disassembling the remote. Not all that hard to do if you have ever worked on small electronics. No soldering involved or anything like that. You can ship your remote off to have it done it you don’t want to do it but it costs a pretty penny to have someone else do it.

It usually happens at like 500-100 metes. Why does this happen? Is there anything I can do to strengthen the signal so I don't loose my drone?

500m to 1000m I guess you mean . . . you may already know about the proper antenna orientation, as pointed out above.
And yes, higher is better, if low you will gradually lose signal from going into or past the near visible horizon, tree tops etc . . . going higher = better signal LOS to the aircraft.

You won't lose your drone (well, there is always very remote chance of anything really), if proper flight consideration is done, like RTH / OA is set right .. .. .. and if the wind etc is within guidelines / direction and strength within the flight plan . . . your battery levels must also considered along with wind in flight planning.

The signal boosters like Alientech are pretty good from what I read, but if it's fairly open terrain you simply shouldn't need it.
I find wifi also doesn't affect the ocusync transmission as much as you can get with wifi signal drones, but it all needs to be taken into account with other things like antenna position, altitude and LOS.

500m to 1000m I guess you mean . . . you may already know about the proper antenna orientation, as pointed out above.
And yes, higher is better, if low you will gradually lose signal from going into or past the near visible horizon, tree tops etc . . . going higher = better signal LOS to the aircraft.

You won't lose your drone (well, there is always very remote chance of anything really), if proper flight consideration is done, like RTH / OA is set right .. .. .. and if the wind etc is within guidelines / direction and strength within the flight plan . . . your battery levels must also considered along with wind in flight planning.

The signal boosters like Alientech are pretty good from what I read, but if it's fairly open terrain you simply shouldn't need it.
I find wifi also doesn't affect the ocusync transmission as much as you can get with wifi signal drones, but it all needs to be taken into account with other things like antenna position, altitude and LOS.

Yes I meant Meters. LOL...

My altitude was about. 60-70m. I wouldn't say here was any building really in the way though. I was pretty high.

You can also try rebinding the remote and your drone , it might help, learn how on YouTube , very easy . It worked for me, I have to do this sometimes with my phantom 4 .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr