DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portable charger

Smerz

Reactions
Hey does anybody have or can anyone recommend a portable charger that will charge the mavic 2 batteries

I've only found one on Amazon made by a company called smatree

Like a power bank strong enough to charge the batteries or a portable electric generator

Goal Zero makes a line of portable chargers. You can get them with 120V output so they work with anything.

Goal Zero Portable Power

I looked into them but decided that for power outage use and for powering things in the field, I was much better off with a small inverter generator. I ended up getting the Honda EU2200i and I absolutely love it. It is amazingly quiet and can power just about anything. If you want to get almost the same thing at half the price, Costco sells a Yamaha that is the same size and about 80% of the power.

I got the Honda because I've talked with people who take it on expeditions in the winter to the outer reaches of Iceland, and they claim it is "bulletproof." So far, my own experience bears that out.

This one is excellent and very portable.
An alternative is this. I have one similar to this with a 4 battery charger plugged into it. USB port, 12V or 120VAC what more do you need!

Think about this! A battery cost $135. The Smatree charges three, maybe 4 batteries for about $100! This is a no brainier. You have two batteries, let's say. Now for about $100, you have 6 on every trip. Works like a charm. I just saved you $400!

I am trying to wrap my head around why anyone would get a Smatree or any other charger that is more or less dedicated to one battery type when you can instead get a general purpose charger (like the Goal Zero I linked to) which will charge anything (using the Goal Zero 120V output via the normal Mavic charger) and which has far more capacity.

I have been with professionals when they fly and I can tell you that they all use either the Goal Zero equipment, or equivalent. When you get your next drone, which will have different battery connections, you can continue to use your Goal Zero.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt