DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portable Editing Options

ChuckNorrisUSAF

Reactions
For those who are on the go and don't want to carry around a bulky laptop on a trip, or wait till you get home and in front of your home PC; this may be an option for you.

As I am fairly new to the Drone world, I wanted to explore all options of portability and functionality. Having locked down my Drone setup, I moved on to the photo/video editing options. (This is my experience and it works for me, others will vary)

I currently have a combo of my iPad Air 2 (older model) mostly for photo's and iPhone XS Max (256 GB) (powerful enough to edit and save 4K videos). I use a Lightning to SD Card reader for quick file transfers.

I also utilize Snapseed App (for the quick edits) and Lightroom mobile for the more extensive edits. Spark Video (another Adobe product) is a fun app for those who want painless edits of videos. It's not a power editor like others, but its fun and simple. I primarily stick with the iMovie app for the scenic videos.

Again, this is for portability and conveniences when I'm out traveling and want to upload and share my pictures and videos shortly after a flight.

Links below for reference.

iPhone XS Max
Snapseed Application (quick and painless photo editing)
Adobe Lightroom (mobile app, best used on an iPad)
Lightning to SD Card adapter

Please feel free to list your own setup

Reactions: StellarPropella
If you have Lightroom you can get Rush for free. iMovie works ok too

Forgot to add Rush to the list, but it's one that I don't use much - had some errors using it's App in the past, not saving, or editing properly. Been awhile since I've been back on it. May have to test it out again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman