DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portable Power Station

stratocaster

Reactions
Can anyone recommend a portable charger that is small and packs a great punch for charging drone batteries and related equipment on location? Something like this I saw on Amazon...SUAOKI Portable Power Station, 150Wh/100W Camping Generator Lithium Power Supply UL Certified with Dual 110V AC Outlet, 4 DC Ports, 4 USB Ports, LED Flashlights for Camping Travel Emergency Backup...anybody have a better recommendation?

There was a MM thread recently about best cheap accessory lately and I can't find it to link. Basically the thread was about someone's success with portable chargers like this- Anker PowerCore Portable Charger, available on Amazon and other sites. The gist of the discussion was to shop for the best power ratings and do your homework.

I made this 12v 35Ah (420Wh) portable power battery with left over parts, but you can do it for $100 to $150 (or more) depending on options you want, such as solar charging, vehicle charging vs. 120v charging, adding a 120v power inverter, etc.

The battery is based on a low cost 12v 35Ah deep cycle gel cell made for mobility scooters and trolling motors. Here is the original build post with links to parts:

Gel-cell or AGM? I didn't have good luck with gel-cells in my bass boat. AGM's seem to be more forgiving. Another choice would be a large Lithium but those require a specific charger. West Marine makes a box for AGM's that would be a good cheap power supply:

batt box.JPG

I use a couple of self made version when I need 12vDC. Add a small inverter and it can supply 110AC if needed to lighter load items. But I will admit I'd love to have my buddies Anker Powerhouse.

And.... Here is another review.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78