DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portland area pilots

I live in the Bull Mountain area just outside Tigard. Recently acquired a Mavik Air 2. I just had to acquire a much faster mini USB card to keep up with the 4K camera data write speed.

Attachments

• 2020-05-27 19.25.34.jpg
    2020-05-27 19.25.34.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: Shameless Shamus
Cool! Enjoy your bird.

I'm in Vancouver, WA and just getting started - Looking for my first one. Trying to decide if I should start with a low-end unit and learn or jump right into a high end and be very careful.

HMPate:

Honestly if this is your first one, look at getting a Mavic Mini, or even a lightly-used Spark and learn to fly...

Then move up to one of the more expensive ones... virtually all the experience you gain with a “trainer drone” will translate to a larger (and more expensive) platform.

rangemaster:

Good info - I had heard I may have to 're-learn' with a more expensive platform, so glad to hear that will translate better than I expected.

Totally agree with Rangemaster.
I started with a Spark, got the basics under my belt then moved on to a Mavic Pro, now have the Pro2 and thoroughly love it.org_00d274a9fb8463548f8d84187c31b4c4_raw-HDR.jpg

Reactions: AZrrt
Thanks guys - Incredible shot by the way.
Starting with a Spark/Mini sounds like the right way to go for a beginner - other side of that is to buy one that you'll keep long term and learn on that, but the thought of crashing an expensive setup on a beginners mistake has me leaning away from that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike