DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portland area pilots

So... Timberline lodge area is anti-drone, they are prohibited there. Lots of signs. The Astoria area id probably a no fly area due to the Coast Guard base there. Seaside has an airport as well. Looks like Canon Beach is OK though. One place I havent tried yet is the Willamette Falls, in Oregon City. That looks like an awesome place to drone.

Not my video but yes, that is one place you can't really see up close in person.

I still don't know what the rules in state parks are. A cursory search seems to indicate park manager discretion?

Hey guys just seeing who's all out in Portland area, I went from a phantom2 to the mavic, big learning curve but fun to fly.
0f148cf77f022c5b24aaa6476a69de6e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Really nice shot! Just got my Mavic Air at the start of Mar. Really enjoying when the weather let's me get out and fly!

Reactions: 503pilot
I'm actually planning on going to The Dalles soon specifically for Mavic flying. Have any specific places out there you'd recommend?
The Dalles should offer some open views and approaches. What might be fun et risky....Hood River and the sail boards. If the battery holds up and the wind doesn't blow you down into Portland or up to the Dalles.
You might stay within range from the shore...or off the bridge if there still is a walk-way across it.

Reactions: Cannaboy
Nice to finally have a nice weather weekend!

1st drone video. Not the most exciting video but it sure gets me excited to do more with it!

If this is your first drone video you killed it- Very nice!!

The Dalles should offer some open views and approaches. What might be fun et risky....Hood River and the sail boards. If the battery holds up and the wind doesn't blow you down into Portland or up to the Dalles.
You might stay within range from the shore...or off the bridge if there still is a walk-way across it.

Is it ever not windy in the Gorge?

Reactions: Trooperh
You may find the hyperlapse more entertaining if you are moving. Otherwise it's just a time-lapse.

I agree lol Thank you. I am still new to flying and was nervous to fly the mavic too far way and not be able to see it.. This was just a simple test also.

I agree lol Thank you. I am still new to flying and was nervous to fly the mavic too far way and not be able to see it.. This was just a simple test also.

This little doned is solid, in very dense treed city surrounding taking off from a low point in the valley I still have perfect connection about 3/4 of a mile away. If I get to higher ground 2+miles in the city no problem.

Reactions: Pizdous
This little doned is solid, in very dense treed city surrounding taking off from a low point in the valley I still have perfect connection about 3/4 of a mile away. If I get to higher ground 2+miles in the city no problem.
Yeah I am still paranoid with mine lol That's why I got the spark which ive been flying on mostly to get the practice in. :)

I started out on a Typhoon H, then found out that it doesn't give you a battery warning based off of the ability to get back home. And I don't particularly want a grand falling out of the sky.

How do you like the spark?
I actually love the spark! It's super fun, fast agile and the picture quality and video is not too bad. For the price you cannot beat it! I did crash it once into the side of a metal building at the time I wasnt aware that anything metal messes with the compass lol but to my surprise it survived with just a couple tiny scratches and two broken props still works perfect so build quality is really good also. :)

I actually love the spark! It's super fun, fast agile and the picture quality and video is not too bad. For the price you cannot beat it! I did crash it once into the side of a metal building at the time I wasnt aware that anything metal messes with the compass lol but to my surprise it survived with just a couple tiny scratches and two broken props still works perfect so build quality is really good also. :)

That's good to hear, I saw a guy on YouTube crash the Mavic 2 over and over as a test and I'm pleased with it.

Reactions: Pizdous
New M2P user here in SW Portland near Multnomah Village. Anyone near? Looking for good/mostly legal places to fly!

I'm going to see if I can get the Air in the air today. I want to get some more shots of the construction at Nike. I think it's just far enough from the Hillsboro airport, at least last time it was.

There are a lot of cool places to fly. Here's some scenes from several of the covered bridges down south.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi