DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

position help

Jay4612

Reactions
hello, I new to the mini and drones. my son gave me one for my birthday. over the last two days I've really enjoyed it but I can't find information on one thing. the position indicator on the bottom center that shows position of the drone relative to where I am is often wrong. infant it shows it behind me when its actually in front of me. Then at other times it shows correct. can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? thx

are you sure the position your looking at isnt the one displaying the direction the drone is pointed? i havent messed with my mini too much but i know my bigger drones the app has two one is the arrow on which way thre drone is pointed other is where it is in relation to the RC

hello, I new to the mini and drones. my son gave me one for my birthday. over the last two days I've really enjoyed it but I can't find information on one thing. the position indicator on the bottom center that shows position of the drone relative to where I am is often wrong. infant it shows it behind me when its actually in front of me. Then at other times it shows correct. can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? thx

That indication is based on the location of the aircraft and the direction that you are facing. If it is wrong then it is usually due to the compass in your mobile device reading incorrectly - a common problem.

laughing, not real sure of anything with it. Just kidding, yes, I can tap on the indicator and it says drone is behind the controller. Also it shows it pointing away from me. Other times it is correct.

That indication is based on the location of the aircraft and the direction that you are facing. If it is wrong then it is usually due to the compass in your mobile device reading incorrectly - a common problem.

That is what I thought also. I need to figure out how to get the iPhone reading correctly. Thanks for the reply.

Too anyone having this problem I figured it out! on the iPhone atleast. go to settings-privacy-location services-system services(at the bottom)compass calibration, turn on. This allows third party apps that need constant update to continuously receive compass information. Works like a champ now!!

Reactions: Mossiback
This is the correct answer. For the radar locator both the tablet and drone need to have an accurate GPS fix. Without both, the information is garbage.

The drone GPS fix is determined by the satellite geometry as discussed here many times. The tablet GPS fix is potentially more problematic. The tablet must have working GPS capability, and be in a location where it gets good Satellite data, just like the drone. In addition, any location positioning permission must be turned on.

You also need a compass on the device so the app knows which way you're facing. We are usually facing our quads but if we about face without changing our or AC`s coordinates, the quad is now actually behind us. I've found the radar say it's behind me. I don't even bother. Bring back the attitude indicator.

All the i Apple stuff have compasses. Don’t know about others.

Note that compases in tablets suffer from the exact same problems that drones do. They read incorrectly when placed close to steel or other magnetized objects

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf