DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Positive Experience with M2P (Sunset Pictures)

Mavic - Pilot

Reactions
Hi Guys,
the M2P is under a lot of attack right now, wether it be the barrel distortion (which also bugs me) or the discussion about sensor size and processor overheating. In all that discussion, i thought I might share some very positive experience I had with the Mavic 2 Pro and its awesome camera.
These pictures were taken at sunset with normal manual mode and Hyperlight mode,delivering a dynamic range and low-light image quality that wouldbe impossible to achieve on any of my other cameras!

FYI, these pictures were taken straight out of the camera. NO post processing or saturation has been added!

65E167FCADF108B0951A7F9640199E4E.JPG83568B296905CB7F16F52F8AA010C729.JPG0F9A5CCFD9E393808E6438FA265CDC12.JPG

Hi Guys,
the M2P is under a lot of attack right now, wether it be the barrel distortion (which also bugs me) or the discussion about sensor size and processor overheating. In all that discussion, i thought I might share some very positive experience I had with the Mavic 2 Pro and its awesome camera.
These pictures were taken at sunset with normal manual mode and Hyperlight mode,delivering a dynamic range and low-light image quality that wouldbe impossible to achieve on any of my other cameras!

FYI, these pictures were taken straight out of the camera. NO post processing or saturation has been added!

View attachment 50070View attachment 50071View attachment 50072

I wish people with lovely shots like this would share their settings and what the wind conditions were like at the time.

You were shooting jpg? Looking at the exif data you could have shot at a much lower ISO than 3200 and got away wit it easy. Could have allowed for a bit more exposure also, if you felt like it. I understand you may have been deliberately going for the dark look- which is very nice....

I wish people with lovely shots like this would share their settings and what the wind conditions were like at the time.

You can download a browser extension so that all you have to do is hover your mouse over any photo on the internet and it will tell you the camera settings unless the uploader stripped the Exif data which is rare.

Try "Exif Quick View" extension for Chrome. Firefox has several as well.

Reactions: JDawg
You were shooting jpg? Looking at the exif data you could have shot at a much lower ISO than 3200 and got away wit it easy. Could have allowed for a bit more exposure also, if you felt like it. I understand you may have been deliberately going for the dark look- which is very nice....

For Exposure, i mainly go after the over exposure zebras and adjust the exposure until zebras are gone, then I adjust the image to my liking. And in these shots, i really wanted to get the most out of the M2P camera, so i went for the dark look.

BTW, wind conditions were fairly moderate, but as i shot at relatively high shutter speeds, it didn’t matter to me.

Reactions: noosaguy
Fantastic pictures, the 2nd is also my favourite

I'm waiting for clear sky sunsets to see what I'm able to do, but being a noob I think it'll take a while to get anywhere near perfecting the art

Wonderful photos! However, I don't know anyone that is "attacking" the M2P for any photography related items really. That being said, the situation with video is not so cut and dry...but yeah, the M2P clearly has some superb photo chops.

I shot this here in TN. It's a little busy but good color reproduction. Unedited and just a lucky shot. Settings below in jpg. :DDJI_0327.jpg

Attachments

• DJI_0327.jpg
    DJI_0327.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
  • Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 21
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads