DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Positivie perception when there is so much complains against drone flying

RogerMav

Reactions
Id hope rather that defibrillator become so cheap that everyone could have access to them, and it becomes apart of a persons travel first aid likened to bandaids

It was one thing I invested in when they became more affordable for home/car carry

More excellent news, we should also share news like this in our own social media so we get out the good perception on drones because people are getting the wrong message from so many irresponsible flying of a few users (like those flying right next to airport runways, etc.) and those are the news that get more attention.

Last edited:
DJI drones helped track and stop the Notre Dame fire

DJI drones helped track and stop the Notre Dame fire

I have to add that if you look carefully at the image above you see on the top and bottom borders something that it seems to be a picture from an helicopter, but then further down in the same article there is this other image witch indeed is a DJI controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Why can’t you fly over houses?
That issue has being going on discussion in many other threads in this forum. There are many opinions on what is correct or not, legal or not and other many details, and Part 1007 rules are not yet very clear about this issue.

But there is a lot of concern in aspects as for example not flying over people due to risk of a UAV falling over them, also due to privacy issues when you fly near or on top of a private property you can invade their privacy with your camera and the owner of the house does not know if you are spying or just flying by. It is also a security issue for some people.

Also, if your drone happens to have a malfunction and falls over the property or someone then you risked getting sued. So I try to avoid situations which can bring me any kind of problems. I think there are really many outdor places we can go and enjoy flying your drone.

That issue has being going on discussion in many other threads in this forum. There are many opinions on what is correct or not, legal or not and other many details, and Part 1007 rules are not yet very clear about this issue.

But there is a lot of concern in aspects as for example not flying over people due to risk of a UAV falling over them, also due to privacy issues when you fly near or on top of a private property you can invade their privacy with your camera and the owner of the house does not know if you are spying or just flying by. It is also a security issue for some people.

Also, if your drone happens to have a malfunction and falls over the property or someone then you risked getting sued. So I try to avoid situations which can bring me any kind of problems. I think there are really many outdor places we can go and enjoy flying your drone.

There are no prohibitions against flying over houses. Agree there could be liability, but there is liability flying over anything. Example, crash into a field and start a fire, you might be headed to court.

Unless you’re trying to peer into a window the privacy concerns are no greater than google maps. Though the home owner might feel differently, I base decisions on facts and realities, not others feelings.

Venn diagram legal and smart, try and stay in the overlapping portion and odds are you’ll be fine.

Reactions: RogerMav
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69