DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible bird or drone strike on an airline.

Putting drone in title got them lots more clicks though, not least from here.
my thoughts exactly but please dont tell sar104 he will tear me a new one . CNN changed the narrative buy putting possible drone strike first .and bird strike second even though they were told that they were still investigating and this was mention further down in the report. manipulation of the facts will always present a story the way you want to tell it rather than tell it how it is or was. CNN are good at that and it gets them lots of clicks.

Reactions: Drgnfli
The articles that I have seen have all reported that comments about drone or bird strikes have come from social media. The actual comments from the airline have been that it was an unspecified mechanical problem. That included CNN's reporting.

The articles that I have seen have all reported that comments about drone or bird strikes have come from social media. The actual comments from the airline have been that it was an unspecified mechanical problem. That included CNN's reporting.

CNN actually updated their article. The original version stated that the airport had issued a statement that it had been reported as a possible drone collision. Then they changed it to say that it was initially reported as a bird strike. It doesn't look like a particularly well-sourced piece.

Reactions: Thomas B
(CNN)A Delta Air Lines flight returned to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in Texas on Saturday due to mechanical issues that may have been caused by a drone or bird strike, officials said.
here is one non social media report . cnn click baiting as usual

Reactions: Drgnfli
Until otherwise proven it's just an UNKNOWN incident! Silly media and people LOL

Reactions: Thomas B
The initial report was that the plane might have struck birds, but the nature of the problem is still under investigation,

35 years sitting up front in airliners and I've hit lots of critters but that there is still funny!

??
Just curious, have you ever hit anything that wasn’t supposed to be up there?

Here it is Monday 1/13 & no update on the cause...????

Must have been a bird & that is not "newsy." ROFLMAO!...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143