DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possibly the best editing I've done so far.

What are you using for your editing?

Loved the Parrot fish most of all!

Major comments are that the title really is not an insight into the majority of subjects covered and that 8 minutes is rather long for maintaining viewer interest... I’d recommend something in the 2-4 minute range and minimize the underwater shots mostly.

Thanks for posting!

Beautiful footage and expert flying, but I agree it is way too long for forums such as this when we all have to get through the topics on limited time.

Beautiful, peaceful, what camera did you use for the underwater footage?
There does not seem, at least me, to be anything wrong with the editing except one of the primary lessons I have learned from various forums is to keep it short. I admit I have published several 15 minutes films here and You Tube and Vimeo. When I check my statistics monthly, both Vimeo and You Tube show me that only a very small percentage of viewers ever complete the entire film. They view it around 1-3 minutes and then switch to another video. I pay for the middle level of vimeo to get more GB and get monthly stats. Almost nobody watched the entire clip. The best clips are the ones that are tightened down to 2-3 minutes.

Reactions: Drgnfli and Twocalf
Very enjoyable. For a drone forum I would feature the drone photography by 90% with only a hint of the underwater world. Would appreciate an explanation of the cartoon imagery for human activity. And the quick video speed for snorkelers from the air was unexpected in such an otherwise calm peaceful video. Overall, your skill in drone photography is awesome. (Far better than mine.) Great footage when close to lighthouse and peaking into the windows. Thanks for sharing ...

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it. I agree a little too long, so I would shorten it. Maybe start at where the people are swimming and then the tower and underwater shots. Or split them up as different subjects and post two separate videos.

Reactions: 4K Beaches
Can’t comment on editing but your video is awesome. Will be sharing with the wife tonight.

Some interesting views and shots. In terms of edit you need to take a modern day viewer into account and seriously work on the length of both the shot as well as the whole video. Aim for 1.30 to ma maximum of about 4 minutes. If you go for anything over 2.30 it has to be very varied and simply the bomb. Look at the stat of you videos on YouTube and how long a average viewer watches them. People will be more content with the video if they survive the length rather then have to switch off once they have lost the interest. Keep on rolling.

Thanks. I am terrible at making long videos. Literally everyone wants shorter videos and I get it, people just don't have time or lose interest quickly. I'll probably cut them up and do different two videos in the future. In all, I edited down about 45minutes of video into those 8 quick minutes. I guess I just like getting immersed into the environment. And Im glad I didn't get eaten by that shark.

Reactions: Skywalker
First, great shooting! Lots of good comments above. I would not use postering on the humans. It doesn’t fit any other part of the video. It’s hard to ignore the special affects when the editing software makes it so easy to use but ignore them and stick with quality video.

Agree with what has been said. Fantastic flying skills. Yes it was too long for me. I’m too new to video editing to provide proper feedback. From a photographers point of view...

Regarding the tower shots... In situations where you have the opportunity {Or plan to...} to capture the main subject, include the entire subject. There were places in the video where you were back far enough from the tower to include the whole thing, but the upper part of the tower was cut off.

Thanks for taking the time to share this & ask for feedback.

Last edited:
I'm still working on mastering my editing skills. Please give a critique for improvements for future videos.

Thank you

Exploring Molasses Reef and Lighthouse
Beautifully done! My only (small) criticisms are that the frenetic swimmer movements were a clash with the soundtrack and the pace of the video. Also, the cartoon sequences were a clash and probably unnecessary. ?

Beautifully done! My only (small) criticisms are that the frenetic swimmer movements were a clash with the soundtrack and the pace of the video. Also, the cartoon sequences were a clash and probably unnecessary. ?
I liked the frenetic swimmer movements. They looked like minnows on my phone. Then you see the shark.

Then I watched on the big screen with my wife. Too big for minnows, but still a interesting effect.

...and the wife said the cartoon made it non-personal...a good thing. Just our opinion(s).

Reactions: PTBperegrine
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000