DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post a picture of your RC and screen device of choice.

Curious to see what is the most used setup in Mavic flyers RC & screen

Is it a smartphone, or a tablet. If a tablet, how big and do you use a 3:rd party mount or the arms.

Do you use the smart device for only drone purposes or as a phone/webbrowser/everything-device too?

I am using a cheap (69€) Huawei Mediapad T3 7" and keep it quite empty (no DJI GO app crashes ever, like I had every single time I flew with my Samsung S6 what I have for normal use)

-No sim-card
-No applications that could cross-use or make problems for example with the microphone, camera, wifi, RAM, automatic updates or anything that would disturb the flying app or the connection between RC and aircraft.

Basically only DJI GO and google maps (always offline maps)

Never ever do I have internet or cellular connections active when I fly. Only GPS. Until now have I had zero problems, app crashes or signal lost, glitches or such.

At home I use a weather app, mavic-forum, simple film-editor and thats about it. And a big memorycard.

I can recommend everybody to invest in a "drone-use-only-smartdevice"

Here is my RC when flying.
19e6e8ebbe2d6bcd6dd3ad944320509f.jpg

I started out with an iPhone 6 but it s way too small.
Bought an iPad Air2 with cell to get the gps function and a much better visibility. Added a foldable sunshade.

The first holder I bought is a good plastic holder (with red foam cushions) from Skyreat to be able to look at the controller screen at the same time as the iPad screen but I quickly found out it is not as portable as I would have wanted and I could not get a comfy screen position.

Bought another one. This time the aluminum version, also from Skyreat.

It is very flat and easy to assemble. The iPad sits on top of the controller but I have learnt I do not have to look at the controller screen and the buttons when flying the drone.
The iPad rests lightly on my arms and the distance between the controller and the iPad is perfect.
The holder has a hole to attach a lanyard but so far I use it without.

For me, this is the perfect setup. It is comfy, has a good balance and the large 9,7” screen is totaly visible in full sunshine with the sunshade mounted.
View attachment 22156
View attachment 22157

View attachment 22161

View attachment 22158

View attachment 22159

View attachment 22155

where did you get your sun hood from?

Thanks

I'm considering going form an s7 edge to an ipad air 2. Does anyone recommend a mount that will fit that sized tablet and I can still see the RC screen?

I have a mav mount the but I think its to much.

Just received this one tonight !
2fe7e8eadd35f12dc879d175e23ca7ce.jpg
74ef10af7146b6bf8208ed1be9066b0a.jpg
905ed55e4712502566f94d48fa109906.jpg
6d763912c174c995fcd9cb502264c92a.jpg
a9231720916c26b12328f1ea4f1654f2.jpg

Will test the difference with the LifThor V3 !
Hi. Doesn't it bother you that you can't see the controller data simultaniosly with the tablet screen? Me it is disturbong as hell...

I use a Thorlif CS-mount II with the CS 5.5 and a neckstrap. I notice a lot less strain on my neck and hands now compared to when I had the CS below the remote. DSC_0723~2.JPG

1523765576544.png
Upgraded the Huwei T3 7" to this 10"
In the beginning started with 5,2" Huawei. What next?

Hi. Doesn't it bother you that you can't see the controller data simultaniosly with the tablet screen? Me it is disturbong as ****...

You’re right I feel the same... reason why I don’t use it... i have it just in case...

I use the LifThor V3 SIF [emoji1474]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada