DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Posting Mavic 3 Footage to Instagram

jpn617

Reactions
Hey everyone,

I am new to flying drones and the Magic 3 cine. I need to post the videos that I take on Instagram for the company I work for. I am able to get the footage onto my laptop and edit it, but I was wondering if someone could explain to me how to take the video I edit in iMovie and get it onto my phone and then Instagram. When I email through mail drop (because the file is so big) I download it on my phone but it is too big to open. And when I try to airdrop it fails to go through. I have a Mac laptop and iPhone. How do I resolve this?

What's the file format of your export form iMovie?
This is the way I do it: export the edited video as HEVC (H.265) and then send it to the iPhone via Airdrop.
You could also open the existing (big) file with QuickTime and export it from there as HEVC.

So I transfer the footage from my Mavic 3 to my computer. I just purchased a conversion software that allows me to condense the video and save it as HEVC like you recommended. However, my videos are around 2-3 GB and when I condense them I lose a lot of quality. Do you have any recommendations on how I can condense them and not lose quality?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom