Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Power From Wall Outlet

Flipsonic

Reaction score
Just received my MA yesterday and haven’t had a chance to play with it yet. Is there a way to use a wall outlet as power source for the quad instead of the battery? It would be nice to do all the settings without using up a battery. I just wanted to adjust all settings then go out flying with my 4 batteries fully charged.

old man mavic

Fly safe,Fly responsibly,Fly happy
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Just received my MA yesterday and haven’t had a chance to play with it yet. Is there a way to use a wall outlet as power source for the quad instead of the battery? It would be nice to do all the settings without using up a battery. I just wanted to adjust all settings then go out flying with my 4 batteries fully charged.
not really

Reactions: Thomas B

FoxhallGH

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Thanks. Would be nice if DJI can make this possible - Use the battery charger to power the quad.
Doesn't really make sense - because you can't & wouldn't want to fly the drone connected to a mains socket.
Charge all of your batteries - and then use one to do your settings. If you don't power the motors on - then the power drain will be a whole lot lower. So you'll find that you can do an hour working on your settings, and then just put your battery in the charger to get it back up to scratch.

Reactions: Doppler and Mrmund

Flipsonic

Reaction score
Who would be stupid enough to fly while connected to a wall socket? I still think it has advantages. Today I was in a hurry to leave and had already charged all 4 batteries. But I wanted to change last minute settings just before I left so I won’t have to while at launch site. I had to use one of the batteries to do this. Then I had to wait and charge that battery again to 100%. I don’t like launching with less than 100%. Would have been nice to plug it to the charger instead while changing settings.

Reactions: Doppler

Unknown Pilot

Reaction score
Who would be stupid enough to fly while connected to a wall socket? I still think it has advantages. Today I was in a hurry to leave and had already charged all 4 batteries. But I wanted to change last minute settings just before I left so I won’t have to while at launch site. I had to use one of the batteries to do this. Then I had to wait and charge that battery again to 100%. I don’t like launching with less than 100%. Would have been nice to plug it to the charger instead while changing settings.
How much drain was there on the battery when you were done and how long did it take you to recharge it?

Perhaps getting another battery is a more realistic solution?

Doppler

Reaction score
I sympathize (or is it empathize?) .... and I too don't like taking off with anything less than 100% on the battery indicator. And I too have been in situations where I wanted to make a few changes in the settings before heading out. Since doing that and then recharging the battery back to 100% takes an awfully long time (yeah getting a battery from 98% to 100% can take 15 -20 minutes), I make a note of the settings I want to change and head out. Once I am on site and have fired up the AC and remote, I do these changes first thing. Doesn't take more than a few seconds, and I usually review my RTH altitude, review the sensors state, and do some camera adjustments before take off anyway; so just add it to that list of things to do and just head out.

Flipsonic

Reaction score
How much drain was there on the battery when you were done and how long did it take you to recharge it?

Perhaps getting another battery is a more realistic solution?
Went down to 95% and took about 20 mins to get it back to 100%. I already have 4 batteries. Don’t need to spend another $80 for a 5th one.

Unknown Pilot

Reaction score
Went down to 95% and took about 20 mins to get it back to 100%. I already have 4 batteries. Don’t need to spend another $80 for a 5th one.
Sounds like a lengthy update.

The device you seek must exist. I cannot imagine DJI techs relying on batteries.

kidroc

Reaction score
Not stupid at all they make tethers for some AirCraft and it would be nice to just to plug her in while at the pc to update and such.. But People would leave ti on all the time or something crazy that would harm it in some way.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Platypus_