DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Power Lines

Flying Irish

Reactions
I was flying out in Napa Valley and wanted to get a shot of an amazing old live oak. Had to be careful of power lines. Got up above tree and power lines, but the camera and camera gimble started going crazy. Got worried and landed. Now I'm wondering if it was static off the power lines influencing the camera. I was on low power warning when this occurred. Anyone else experienced this?

Have not experienced it but depending how close you got, the radiant electrons could conceivably make the gimbal a little wonky; it would not take much background electricity to make the motors start moving, there is not a lot of room for shielding. How close were you?
Regards,
-d.

I was flying out in Napa Valley and wanted to get a shot of an amazing old live oak. Had to be careful of power lines. Got up above tree and power lines, but the camera and camera gimble started going crazy. Got worried and landed. Now I'm wondering if it was static off the power lines influencing the camera. I was on low power warning when this occurred. Anyone else experienced this?

High voltage power lines emit a tremendous amount of interference which can extend over 300 meters. The greatest interference is below the lines.

Turns out, my gimbal decided to malfunction and still doesn't work. Get gimble overload message and when gimbal initiates, it aims the camera toward underside of gimbal mount.

Me too. I have seen threads on this forum about this very problem. Consensus is it needs to be sent to DJI. Problem is, consensus also is kiss your bird goodbye for six weeks.

Realizing my gimbal problem was most likely due to my errant flying, I turned it over under bright light with magnifier and discovered there was debris along actuator slot on gimbal top pivot. Cleaned the whole bird like my grandmother. Took Qtip, dipped in alcohol, blotted off, and it picked up the debris nicely. Glad to report everything 5X5.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio