DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Power of the Mavic Signal

facasi

Reactions
2e500292e3b31c0703704f8ab5dec869.jpg

Mavic signal strength is awesome [emoji1377][emoji1377][emoji1377]

Looks good! One of the key ingredients for good signal is having your RC antennas aligned properly towards the MP. Enjoy and all the best for 2018!

Agree that’s very important! Have a great 2018 ! Best wishes for you all

Same to you! happy and successful flying.... and may the drone always be in your sight

Reactions: facasi
Looks good! One of the key ingredients for good signal is having your RC antennas aligned properly towards the MP. Enjoy and all the best for 2018!
What exact position do you recommend? I've been looking for tutorials on youtube but cant really find anything in the mavic

What exact position do you recommend? I've been looking for tutorials on youtube but cant really find anything in the mavic
the flat part of the antennae faces the mavic not the tip for best reception.

the flat part of the antennae faces the mavic not the tip for best reception.
Not trying to be funny but do you have a pic? Both sides are flat, and neither face the exact same direction (if that makes sense).

This is what i have.....
14e299b18698225ca4c49edb89ebb9b4.jpg
So as you can see, the left antenna only rotates to the "inside of the antenna", if you are holding the RC. The antenna on the right only rotates to the "outside of the antenna", if you are holding the RC. Correct?

Thanks, both antennas on the RC are firts of all "linear" polarized antennas. IN addition, their maximum radiation pattern for receive and transmit is like a doughnut put over them. Like a doughnut around your finger (eg antenna). Where the "fat waist" is (for the doughnut) that's where it is maximum. You want that to point towards the MP. So, for example, if you hold your RC leveled (horizontally) and have the two antennas at 45degrees, guess what, a lot of the energy is going into your face and towards the ground and if the MP is in front of you at some height somewhere in the distance sees not much of your radiated signal. You want your antennas to point straight up and tilting your RC towards you in that case. The closer the MP is the less pronounced/important this gets but in the distance you need to maximize the signal. Hope that helps.

See my explanation below. The way your antennas are pointing... tip towards the MP... is the actually the worst position. There is no radiation coming out of the tips.
....See my explanation below.... or better above in the previous post :)

This is what i have.....
14e299b18698225ca4c49edb89ebb9b4.jpg
your pic shows the antennae tips facing the mavic,the long flat part should face out and can only face out one way

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum